Keith E Muller
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Bias in trials comparing paired continuous tests can cause researchers to choose the wrong screening modalityDeborah H Glueck
Department of Biostatistics, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado, Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 9:4. 2009..When only suspicious screening test scores trigger a sensitive and specific secondary test, the result is a form of partial verification bias...
- Statistical tests with accurate size and power for balanced linear mixed modelsKeith E Muller
Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, Gainesville, FL 32610 0177, USA
Stat Med 26:3639-60. 2007..Two repeated measures power analyses illustrate the methods. The examples highlight the advantages of examining the entire response surface of power as a function of sample size, mean differences, and variability...
- Effects of home access and availability of alcohol on young adolescents' alcohol useKelli A Komro
University of Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research and Institute for Child Health Policy, Gainesville, FL 32610 0177, USA
Addiction 102:1597-608. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to examine the effects of parental provision of alcohol and home alcohol accessibility on the trajectories of young adolescent alcohol use and intentions...
- Marginal vitamin B-6 deficiency decreases plasma (n-3) and (n-6) PUFA concentrations in healthy men and womenMei Zhao
Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, niversity of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Nutr 142:1791-7. 2012..Such changes in blood lipids may be associated with the elevated risk of cardiovascular disease in vitamin B-6 insufficiency...
- Global hypothesis testing for high-dimensional repeated measures outcomesYueh Yun Chi
Department of Biostatistics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Stat Med 31:724-42. 2012....
- Psychosocial factors associated with mouth and throat cancer examinations in rural FloridaJoseph L Riley
Department of Community Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 3628, USA
Am J Public Health 102:e7-14. 2012..We examined the knowledge and prevalence of mouth and throat cancer examinations in a sample drawn from rural populations in north Florida...
- Real longitudinal data analysis for real people: building a good enough mixed modelJing Cheng
Division of Biostatistics, Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, University of Florida College of Medicine, FL, USA
Stat Med 29:504-20. 2010..The discussion also highlights the need for improving how scientists and statisticians teach and review the process of finding a good enough mixed model...
- Internal pilots for a class of linear mixed models with Gaussian and compound symmetric dataMatthew J Gurka
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Virginia School of Medicine, P O Box 800717, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0717, USA
Stat Med 26:4083-99. 2007..Planning a new tortuosity study illustrates how the new methods help to avoid sample sizes that are too small or too large while still controlling the type I error rate...
- Analyzing attributes of vessel populationsElizabeth Bullitt
Division of Neurosurgery, University of North Carolina CH, CB 7062, 349 Wing C, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Med Image Anal 9:39-49. 2005..These results should be useful in designing studies that compare patients with suspected disease to a database of healthy subjects and are relevant to groups interested in atlas formation and in the statistics of tubular objects...
- Adjusting power for a baseline covariate in linear modelsDeborah H Glueck
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, U.S.A
Stat Med 22:2535-51. 2003..v) Calculating power for a clinical trial of a treatment for increasing bone density illustrates the new methods. We particularly recommend using quantile power with a new Satterthwaite-style approximation...
- Internal Pilots for Repeated Measure ANOVAKeith Muller; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) We will describe analytic properties of UNIREP ANOVA in Internal Pilot designs, including some exact and large sample distributions, as well as practical algorithms. ..
- Internal Pilots for Repeated Measure ANOVAKeith Muller; Fiscal Year: 2004..3) We will describe analytic properties of UNIREP ANOVA in Internal Pilot designs, including some exact and large sample distributions, as well as practical algorithms. ..
- Multilevel and Longitudinal Study Sample Size Tools for Behavioral ScientistsKeith E Muller; Fiscal Year: 2011..Current sample size selection methods can fail with multilevel and longitudinal data. We will develop new sample size tools for behavioral scientists conducting prevention research in communities with diverse populations. ..