Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- It'll only hurt a second? Microeconomic determinants of who gets flu shotsJ Mullahy
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 537O5, USA
Health Econ 8:9-24. 1999..The estimated labour supply and perceived risk effects suggest that some aspects of the economics of preventive care generally not considered in empirical work are important and merit further consideration...
- Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometricsJ Mullahy
University of Wisconsin Madison 53706, USA
J Health Econ 17:247-81. 1998....
- Live long, live well: quantifying the health of heterogeneous populationsJ Mullahy
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison and NBER, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Health Econ 10:429-40. 2001..An empirical example of the central issues is provided by means of an analysis of the years of healthy life (YHL) measure drawn from the US National Health Interview Survey...
- Surgical work output: is there room for increase? An analysis of surgical work effort from 1999 to 2003Tara M Breslin
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Surg Res 146:90-5. 2008..To analyze physician work production over a 5-year period to discover trends in productivity...
- Econometric modeling of health care costs and expenditures: a survey of analytical issues and related policy considerationsJohn Mullahy
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 52726, USA
Med Care 47:S104-8. 2009..Econometric modeling of healthcare costs and expenditures has become an important component of decision-making across a wide array of real-world settings...
- Understanding the production of population health and the role of paying for population healthJohn Mullahy
Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53726, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A95. 2010....
- For-profit hospital status and rehospitalizations at different hospitals: an analysis of Medicare dataAmy J H Kind
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and William S Middleton Veterans Affairs Hospital Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Intern Med 153:718-27. 2010..The extent to which this practice is related to for-profit hospital status and affects payments and mortality is unknown...