Cheryl A Moyer
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Drivers and deterrents of facility delivery in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic reviewCheryl A Moyer
Global REACH, University of Michigan Medical School, 5115 Med Sci 1, 1301 Catherine St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5611, USA
Reprod Health 10:40. 2013..More research is needed that explores regional variability, examines longitudinal trends, and studies the impact of interventions to boost rates of facility delivery in sub-Saharan Africa. ..
- Understanding the relationship between access to care and facility-based delivery through analysis of the 2008 Ghana Demographic Health SurveyCheryl A Moyer
Global REACH and Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, USA Electronic address
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 122:224-9. 2013..To determine the types of access to care most strongly associated with facility-based delivery among women in Ghana...
- Is generalized maternal optimism or pessimism during pregnancy associated with unplanned cesarean section deliveries in china?Cheryl A Moyer
Global REACH, Medical School, University of Michigan, 5115 Med Sci 1, 1301 Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Pregnancy 2010:754938. 2010..This research suggests that maternal mindset during pregnancy has a role in mode of delivery. However, more research is needed to elucidate potential causal pathways and test potential interventions...
- Clean delivery practices in rural northern Ghana: a qualitative study of community and provider knowledge, attitudes, and beliefsCheryl A Moyer
Global REACH, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48104, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:50. 2012..This study explores hand washing/use of gloves during delivery, delivering on a clean surface, sterile cord cutting, appropriate cord tying, proper cord care following delivery, and infant bathing and cleanliness...
- Optimism/pessimism and health-related quality of life during pregnancy across three continents: a matched cohort study in China, Ghana, and the United StatesCheryl A Moyer
Global REACH, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:39. 2009..Little is known about how optimism/pessimism and health-related quality of life compare across cultures...
- What factors create a humanistic doctor? A nationwide survey of fourth-year medical studentsCheryl A Moyer
Department of Medical Education, Global REACH, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Acad Med 85:1800-7. 2010..The authors sought to develop a conceptual framework of the factors that most influence medical students' development of humanism and to explore students' opinions regarding the role these factors play in developing or inhibiting humanism...
- Quality of life, optimism/pessimism, and knowledge and attitudes toward HIV Screening among pregnant women in GhanaCheryl A Moyer
Global REACH, Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104, USA
Womens Health Issues 18:301-9. 2008..We sought to explore optimism/pessimism, knowledge of HIV, and attitudes toward HIV screening and treatment among Ghanaian pregnant women...
- Emotional distress during interferon-alpha-2B and ribavirin treatment of chronic hepatitis CRobert J Fontana
Department of Internal Medicine and the Consortium for Health Outcomes Innovation and Cost Effectiveness Studies, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0362, USA
Psychosomatics 43:378-85. 2002..Because of its brevity and simplicity, the Brief Symptom Inventory may prove to be a useful adjunct to clinician assessment in detecting and monitoring emotional distress during interferon-alpha treatment of chronic hepatitis C...
- A content analysis of e-mail communication between patients and their providers: patients get the messageCasey B White
Office of Medical Education, University of Michigan Medical School, Learning Resource Center, 3960 Taubman Medical Library, 1135 East Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0726, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:260-7. 2004..This study examined the content of a random sample of patient-physician e-mail messages to determine the validity of those concerns...
- Crossing the digital divide: evaluating online communication between patients and their providersSteven J Katz
Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 300 N Ingalls, Suite 7E12, Box 0429, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:593-8. 2004..To address provider, payer, and patient concerns about the use of online communication in healthcare settings by performing a randomized controlled trial of a Web-based patient-provider communication tool in primary care...
- Assessing symptoms, disease severity, and quality of life in the clinical context: a theoretical frameworkTracy L Finlayson
Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:336-44. 2004..Three common diseases are discussed in depth to illustrate the applicability of Assessing the Impact of Disease in distinguishing between symptom, severity, and health-related quality-of-life measurements...
- Postpartum depression and traditional postpartum care in China: role of zuoyueziEllen Y Wan
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 104:209-13. 2009..To determine the relationship between the traditional Chinese practice of postpartum care, known as zuoyuezi, and postpartum depression (PPD) in China...
- A model to facilitate outcome assessment of obstructive sleep apneaSeems S Sonnad
University of Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 19:253-60. 2003..Management can include a range of mechanical, behavioral, and surgical approaches. This paper aims to devise a model of management options to assist in initial cost-effectiveness investigations...
- High-dose interferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in patients previously treated with interferon: results of a prospective, randomized, controlled trialRobert J Fontana
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:177-82. 2002..Kinetic studies have demonstrated a more rapid reduction in hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA levels among patients taking high daily doses of interferon compared with those taking standard-dose interferon...
- Stillbirths and early neonatal mortality in rural Northern GhanaCyril Engmann
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7596, USA
Trop Med Int Health 17:272-82. 2012....
- A measure of trust in insurersSusan Dorr Goold
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
Health Serv Res 41:58-78. 2006..Patient-centered assessments are increasingly important. Patients repeatedly emphasize the importance of trust in health care institutions and personnel...
- Effect of a triage-based E-mail system on clinic resource use and patient and physician satisfaction in primary care: a randomized controlled trialSteven J Katz
Veterans Affairs Ann Arbor Healthcare System and the Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 300 N Ingalls, Suite 7E12, Box 0429, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:736-44. 2003..We collected information on patient e-mail use, phone calls, and visit distribution by physician over the 10 months and performed physician and patient surveys to examine attitudes about communication...
- The emerging role of online communication between patients and their providersSteven J Katz
Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 300 N Ingalls, Suite 7E12, Box 0429, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:978-83. 2004....
- Sleep-disordered breathing in Michigan: a practice pattern surveyRonald D Chervin
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Sleep Breath 7:95-104. 2003....
- Emotional distress in chronic hepatitis C patients not receiving antiviral therapyRobert J Fontana
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical School, 3912 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0362, USA
J Hepatol 36:401-7. 2002..The aim of our study was to determine the prevalence, type, and severity of emotional distress in a large group of consecutive chronic hepatitis C (CHC) patients not receiving anti-viral therapy...
- The economic impact of quarantine: SARS in Toronto as a case studyAnu G Gupta
Global REACH, University of Michigan Medical School, 7C 06 NIB, P O Box 0429, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
J Infect 50:386-93. 2005..Here, we weigh the economic costs and benefits associated with implementing widespread quarantine in Toronto during the SARS outbreaks of 2003...
- Bridging the electronic divide: patient and provider perspectives on e-mail communication in primary careCheryl A Moyer
Consortium for Health Outcomes, Innovation, and Cost Effectiveness Studies, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor 48109 0409, USA
Am J Manag Care 8:427-33. 2002..To determine e-mail utilization patterns and attitudes toward e-mail use among primary care physicians and their ambulatory outpatient clinic patients...