Karen L Moy
Affiliation: University of California
- Metabolic equivalent (MET) intensities of culturally-specific physical activities performed by New ZealandersKaren Moy
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0811, USA
N Z Med J 119:U2000. 2006..This study's purpose was to objectively measure the intensity, expressed as metabolic equivalents (METs), of free-living physical activities (PAs) performed by New Zealanders...
- Health indicators of Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders in the United StatesKaren L Moy
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, 3900 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Community Health 35:81-92. 2010..Further improvements to community outreach and recruitment strategies could successfully encourage high-risk individuals to participate in health promotion and behavior intervention studies to improve NHPI health behaviors...
- Health behaviors of native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander adults in CaliforniaKaren L Moy
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Asia Pac J Public Health 24:961-9. 2012..Culturally-specific health promotion interventions are needed to reduce risks among the underrepresented NHPI population...
- Culturally-specific physical activity measures for Native Hawaiian and Pacific IslandersKaren L Moy
Physical Activity Research Collaborative, Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, 6475 Alvarado Road, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Hawaii Med J 69:21-4. 2010....
- Physical activity correlates for Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders in the mainland United StatesKaren L Moy
Physical Activity Research Collaborative, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:1203-14. 2010..001). Common correlates of physical activity did not generalize to NHPIs. Further investigations of culturally-specific correlates are needed so that physical activity interventions can be culturally tailored for NHPIs...
- The New Zealand Physical Activity Questionnaires: validation by heart-rate monitoring in a multiethnic populationKaren L Moy
Dept of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0811, USA
J Phys Act Health 5:S45-61. 2008..This study validated the short- and long-form New Zealand Physical Activity Questionnaires (NZPAQ-SF and NZPAQ-LF) against heart-rate monitoring (HRM) with individual calibration...
- Siglang buhay: nutrition and physical activity promotion in filipino-americans through community organizationsOfelia V Dirige
San Diego State University Drs Dirige, Alcaraz, Moy, Oades, and Sallis and Mr Carlson and University of California Mr Carlson San Diego, California and Kalusugan Community Services, National City, California Drs Dirige and Oades
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:162-8. 2013..Intervening in organizations allows for targeting multiple levels of influence and greater potential for sustainability...