Karen L Moy
Affiliation: University of California
- Metabolic equivalent (MET) intensities of culturally-specific physical activities performed by New ZealandersKaren Moy
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0811, USA
N Z Med J 119:U2000. 2006..This study's purpose was to objectively measure the intensity, expressed as metabolic equivalents (METs), of free-living physical activities (PAs) performed by New Zealanders...
- Health indicators of Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders in the United StatesKaren L Moy
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, 3900 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Community Health 35:81-92. 2010..Further improvements to community outreach and recruitment strategies could successfully encourage high-risk individuals to participate in health promotion and behavior intervention studies to improve NHPI health behaviors...
- Health behaviors of native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander adults in CaliforniaKaren L Moy
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Asia Pac J Public Health 24:961-9. 2012..Culturally-specific health promotion interventions are needed to reduce risks among the underrepresented NHPI population...
- Culturally-specific physical activity measures for Native Hawaiian and Pacific IslandersKaren L Moy
Physical Activity Research Collaborative, Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, 6475 Alvarado Road, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Hawaii Med J 69:21-4. 2010....
- Physical activity correlates for Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders in the mainland United StatesKaren L Moy
Physical Activity Research Collaborative, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:1203-14. 2010..001). Common correlates of physical activity did not generalize to NHPIs. Further investigations of culturally-specific correlates are needed so that physical activity interventions can be culturally tailored for NHPIs...
- Siglang Buhay: nutrition and physical activity promotion in Filipino-Americans through community organizationsOfelia V Dirige
San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:162-8. 2013..Intervening in organizations allows for targeting multiple levels of influence and greater potential for sustainability...
- The New Zealand Physical Activity Questionnaires: validation by heart-rate monitoring in a multiethnic populationKaren L Moy
Dept of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0811, USA
J Phys Act Health 5:S45-61. 2008..This study validated the short- and long-form New Zealand Physical Activity Questionnaires (NZPAQ-SF and NZPAQ-LF) against heart-rate monitoring (HRM) with individual calibration...