Affiliation: University of California
- The suicide prevention and depression awareness program at the University of California, San Diego School of MedicineChristine Moutier
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, 92093 0606, USA
Acad Med 87:320-6. 2012..The program was well received in its first year, and while demonstrating the prevention of suicides is difficult, the authors are encouraged by the program's results thus far...
- When residents need health care: stigma of the patient roleChristine Moutier
Psychiatry and the School of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Acad Psychiatry 33:431-41. 2009..Barriers to obtaining care have been previously documented, but very little empirical work has focused on trainees who seek health care at their home institution...
- Treatment of depression associated with age-related macular degeneration: a double-blind, randomized, controlled studyBarbara L Brody
Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Biostatistics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 23:277-84. 2011..Depression is frequently found in patients with age-related macular degeneration (AMD). The purpose of this study was to assess the effectiveness of escitalopram in treating major and minor depression in AMD patients...
- Clinical correlates of the worsening or emergence of suicidal ideation during SSRI treatment of depression: an examination of citalopram in the STAR*D studySidney Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, San Diego VA Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
J Affect Disord 117:63-73. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine whether, and in whom, treatment of MDD is associated with increased or emergent SI...
- Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D): lessons learnedSidney Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, UCSD, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1184-5. 2008
- Alternate methods of teaching psychopharmacologySidney Zisook
University of California San Diego School of Medicine, 9500 Gillman Dr, 0603R, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:141-54. 2005....
- A conceptual model of medical student well-being: promoting resilience and preventing burnoutLaura B Dunn
Medical Teaching Facility, UCSD School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive 0606, La Jolla, CA 92093 0606, USA
Acad Psychiatry 32:44-53. 2008..This article proposes and illustrates a conceptual model of medical student well-being...