Peter M Mourani
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Molecular identification of bacteria in tracheal aspirate fluid from mechanically ventilated preterm infantsPeter M Mourani
Pediatric Heart Lung Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25959. 2011..Application of molecular bacterial identification strategies may provide new insight into the role of bacterial acquisition in the airways of preterm infants at risk for BPD...
- Effects of long-term sildenafil treatment for pulmonary hypertension in infants with chronic lung diseasePeter M Mourani
Division of Critical Care, The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Pediatr 154:379-84, 384.e1-2. 2009..To determine the clinical course and outcomes of infants with chronic lung disease (CLD) and pulmonary hypertension (PH) who received prolonged sildenafil therapy...
- Scope and impact of early and late preterm infants admitted to the PICU with respiratory illnessCameron F Gunville
Section of Critical Care, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
J Pediatr 157:209-214.e1. 2010....
- A comparison of characteristics and outcomes in severe human metapneumovirus and respiratory syncytial virus infections in children treated in an intensive care unitHeath A Eggleston
From the University of Colorado School of Medicine Section of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado and Department of Epidemiology, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:1330-4. 2013..We evaluated the risk factors, clinical courses and outcomes of severe HMPV disease relative to severe RSV in children admitted to the PICU...
- Pulmonary vascular disease in bronchopulmonary dysplasia: pulmonary hypertension and beyondPeter M Mourani
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Critical Care, Pediatric Heart Lung Center, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 25:329-37. 2013....
- Intensive care unit readmission during childhood after preterm birth with respiratory failurePeter M Mourani
Pediatric Heart Lung Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO Electronic address
J Pediatr 164:749-755.e3. 2014..To determine the incidence and risk factors for readmission to the intensive care unit (ICU) among preterm infants who required mechanical ventilation at birth...
- The role of vitamin D in prevention and treatment of infectionCameron F Gunville
Section of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 12:239-45. 2013..Given its influence on the immune system and inflammatory cascade, vitamin D may have an important future role in the prevention and treatment of infection. ..
- Cardiac findings and long-term thromboembolic outcomes following pulmonary embolism in children: a combined retrospective-prospective inception cohort studyHayley S Hancock
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Cardiol Young 23:344-52. 2013..Right ventricular dysfunction was rare in follow-up. These data indicate that acute heart strain is common, but chronic cardiac dysfunction is rare, following aggressive management of acute pulmonary embolism in children...
- Successful pulmonary artery embolectomy in a patient with a saddle Wilms tumor embolusLindsey Cooper
Section of Critical Care, The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 58:806-9. 2012..This case illustrates the rapid emergence of Wilms tumor in a patient with Denys-Drash syndrome and the importance of considering embolectomy over thrombolytic therapy for PE in this population, given a high likelihood of tumor embolus...
- Left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaPeter M Mourani
Division of Critical Care, The Pediatric Heart Lung Center, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Pediatr 152:291-3. 2008..We speculate that close monitoring for left ventricular diastolic dysfunction may assist with clinical management and improve outcomes of infants with severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia...