Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Threonyl-tRNA synthetase overexpression correlates with angiogenic markers and progression of human ovarian cancerTheresa L Wellman
Departments of Pharmacology, University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
BMC Cancer 14:620. 2014..The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that TARS expression in clinical samples correlates with angiogenic markers and ovarian cancer progression...
- Smoking increases the risk of high-grade vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia in women with oncogenic human papillomavirusJessica F Sherman
Department of Pathology, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Gynecol Oncol 110:396-401. 2008..In a large retrospective study, the association of smoking with human papillomavirus (HPV) genotype and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia (VAIN) grade was analyzed...
- Beta-2 microglobulin amyloidosis presenting as bilateral ovarian masses: a case report and review of the literatureSharon L Mount
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Vermont Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:130-3. 2002..This is the first report in the English language literature to describe amyloidosis presenting as bilateral ovarian masses...
- False positive diagnosis in conventional and liquid-based cervical specimensSharon Mount
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Acta Cytol 48:363-71. 2004..To examine conventional and liquid-based cervical smears falsely diagnosed as malignant at our institution and to investigate, through cytologic-histologic correlation, factors influencing false positive diagnoses...
- Significant increase of benign endometrial cells on Papanicolaou smears in women using hormone replacement therapySharon L Mount
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:445-50. 2002..To determine the prevalence of benign endometrial cells on Papanicolaou smears from postmenopausal women and to compare the prevalence and histologic diagnosis in women who use hormone replacement therapy (HRT) with those who do not...
- Biology and evolution of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions: a hypothesis with diagnostic prognostic implicationsKumarasen Cooper
Department of Pathology, Given Building E203, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 10:200-3. 2003....
- Documentation of immunocytochemistry controls in the cytopathologic literature: a meta-analysis of 100 journal articlesCarol Colasacco
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 39:245-50. 2011..However, more stringent documentation of procedure and use of controls in the cytopathologic literature will ensure that immunocytochemistry results in diagnostic cytopathology as well as in research are valid and reproducible...
- The binding of thyroid transcription factor-1 and hepatocyte paraffin 1 to mitochondrial proteins in hepatocytes: a molecular and immunoelectron microscopic studyYijun Pang
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 125:722-6. 2006..It is likely that different epitopes to Hep Par 1 and TTF-1 (8G7G3/1) share the same protein molecule in hepatocyte mitochondria...
- Positive predictive value of liquid-based and conventional cervical Papanicolaou smears reported as malignantDenise S Uyar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, USA
Gynecol Oncol 89:227-32. 2003....
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the stomach with rhabdoid phenotype: immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and immunoelectron microscopic evaluationJeffrey A Richmond
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Department of Pathology, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 28:165-70. 2004..This is the second known report of such a case with immunophenotypic and ultrastructural evaluation, and the first case with immunoelectron microscopic examination...
- Factors associated with cytoreducibility among women with ovarian carcinomaGamal H Eltabbakh
Lake Champlain Gynecologic Oncology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:377-83. 2004..The aim of the current study is to investigate the clinical and molecular factors associated with cytoreduction among women with advanced stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma EOC...
- Lymphatic spread among women with primary peritoneal carcinomaGamal H Eltabbakh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05403, USA
J Surg Oncol 81:126-31. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare the incidence and the pathologic patterns of pelvic and para-aortic lymph node metastases among women with PPC and those with papillary serous ovarian carcinoma (PSOC)...
- Biotinyl-tyramide-based in situ hybridization signal patterns distinguish human papillomavirus type and grade of cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaMark F Evans
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Mod Pathol 15:1339-47. 2002..The data illustrate the unique potential of biotinyl-tyramide-based in situ hybridization to address key issues concerning the biology of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia...
- Recurrent perivascular epithelioid cell tumor of the uterus (PEComa): an immunohistochemical study and review of the literatureLaura A Greene
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont and Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Gynecol Oncol 90:677-81. 2003..The purpose of this report is to provide information that may be used to predict the future behavior of this tumor...
- Laparoscopic surgery does not increase the positive peritoneal cytology among women with endometrial carcinomaGamal H Eltabbakh
Lake Champlain Gynecologic Oncology, 364 Dorset Street, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Gynecol Oncol 100:361-4. 2006..The purpose of our study was to find if uterine manipulation at the time of laparoscopic hysterectomy among women with endometrial carcinoma increases the incidence of malignant cells in the peritoneal washings...
- Clinical and molecular differences between clear cell and papillary serous ovarian carcinomaGamal H Eltabbakh
Lake Champlain Gynecologic Oncology, 364 Dorset Street, Suite 2, S Burlington, VT 05403, USA
J Surg Oncol 93:379-86. 2006....
- Peritoneal atypical mesothelial proliferation with progression to invasive mesothelioma: a case report and review of the literatureVijayalakshmi Padmanabhan
Pathology 35:260-3. 2003
- Surgical stage, final grade, and survival of women with endometrial carcinoma whose preoperative endometrial biopsy shows well-differentiated tumorsGamal H Eltabbakh
Lake Champlain Gynecologic Oncology, Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:309-12. 2005..The purpose of our study was to assess the surgical stage, final grade, and survival of women with endometrial carcinoma whose preoperative endometrial biopsy showed well-differentiated (FIGO grade 1) carcinoma...