Joel M Moskowitz
Affiliation: University of California
- Effect of provider status on preventive screening among Korean-American women in Alameda County, CaliforniaAnthony A Lew
140 Warren Hall, Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-7360, USA
Prev Med 36:141-9. 2003..Having a Korean doctor may indicate less access to preventive health services, and programs to increase screening should target both Korean physicians and their female patients...
- "Health is strength": a community health education program to improve breast and cervical cancer screening among Korean American Women in Alameda County, CaliforniaJoel M Moskowitz
140 Warren Hall, Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 31:173-83. 2007..KA women in Santa Clara (SC) County, California served as a comparison group...
- An internet-based smoking cessation program for Korean Americans: results from a randomized controlled trialDiana D McDonnell
Center for Family and Community Health, University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health, 1918 University Ave, Suite 3B, Berkeley, CA 94704 7370, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:336-43. 2011..quot;..
- Cancer coverage in a mainstream and Korean American online newspaper: lessons for community interventionDiana D McDonnell
Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94704 7370United States
Patient Educ Couns 71:388-95. 2008..To better target community interventions, we evaluated the cancer content in a leading Korean American newspaper, the Korea Daily, compared to a mainstream newspaper from the same metropolitan area, the Los Angeles (LA) Times...
- Adoption of an outdoor residential Hall smoking policy in a California public university: a case studyTrit Garg
Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720 7360, USA
J Am Coll Health 59:769-71. 2011..Because secondhand smoke is a public health concern, many colleges have adopted bans to ensure healthier environments. This study demonstrates how outdoor smoking policy change can be accomplished at a large public university...
- Curtailing tobacco use among youth: evaluation of project 4-healthJoel M Moskowitz
University of California, Berkeley 94720-7360, USA
Health Educ Behav 29:656-82. 2002..No long-term effects were observed. Discussion considers how the challenges of designing, delivering, and evaluating the intervention influenced results and implications for preventing tobacco use through community-based youth groups...
- California adolescent's use of family planning servicesNorman A Constantine
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 36:288; author reply 289. 2004