Diane S Morse
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- "They told me to leave": how health care providers address intimate partner violenceDiane S Morse
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:333-42. 2012..Recommendations for health care providers (HCPs) include IPV screening, counseling, and safety referral. The objective of this study was to report women's experiences discussing IPV with HCPs...
- "An effect that is deeper than beating": family violence in Jordanian womenDiane S Morse
Center for Community Health, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Fam Syst Health 30:19-31. 2012..Implications of these results for health care providers who care both for Jordanians and Arab immigrants in Western cultures are discussed...
- Missed opportunities for interval empathy in lung cancer communicationDiane S Morse
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA Diane_mors
Arch Intern Med 168:1853-8. 2008..Empathy is important in patient-physician communication and is associated with improved patient satisfaction and adherence to physicians' recommendations...
- Structured practice opportunities with a mnemonic affect medical student interviewing skills for intimate partner violenceElizabeth A Edwardsen
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:62-8. 2006..Low rates of partner violence inquiry and detection are reported in the medical setting. Purpose: To determine if a teaching module with a mnemonic improves interviewing skills...
- "What is found there": qualitative analysis of physician-nurse collaboration storiesKathleen A McGrail
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:198-204. 2009..Its impact on physicians has not been described. This study was undertaken to develop a fuller understanding of the collaboration experience and its outcomes...