Affiliation: University of Washington
- Performance of the focus and Kalon enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for antibodies to herpes simplex virus type 2 glycoprotein G in culture-documented cases of genital herpesRhoda Ashley Morrow
University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:5212-4. 2003..Median times to seroconversion were 120 days by the Kalon assay, 21 days by the Focus assay, and 68 days by Western blotting assay. Values for specificity were 100% (Kalon) and 93% (Focus)...
- Performance of focus ELISA tests for herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and HSV-2 antibodies among women in ten diverse geographical locationsR Ashley-Morrow
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 10:530-6. 2004..In summary, the sensitivity and specificity of the Focus-HSV-1 and Focus-HSV-2 tests varied by site. Performance data generated in one area may not be applicable to other populations...
- Development and use of a type-specific antibody avidity test based on herpes simplex virus type 2 glycoprotein GRhoda Ashley Morrow
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Sex Transm Dis 31:508-15. 2004..It is difficult to discriminate between lesions resulting from recently acquired versus established genital herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) infection. Methods not based on history or serum IgM status are needed...
- Use of "biokit HSV-2 Rapid Assay" to improve the positive predictive value of Focus HerpeSelect HSV-2 ELISARhoda Ashley Morrow
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
BMC Infect Dis 5:84. 2005....
- Performance of a novel test for IgM and IgG antibodies in subjects with culture-documented genital herpes simplex virus-1 or -2 infectionR Morrow
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:463-9. 2006..Addition of IgM testing substantially increased the ability to detect seroconversion early in infection. IgM is an indicator of recent infection only in subjects who lack detectable IgG...
- Clinical correlates of index values in the focus HerpeSelect ELISA for antibodies to herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2)Rhoda Ashley Morrow
University of Washington, Department of Laboratory Medicine, USA
J Clin Virol 36:141-5. 2006..Clinical correlates of HerpeSelect ELISA index values are poorly understood...
- Acyclovir and transmission of HIV-1 from persons infected with HIV-1 and HSV-2C Celum
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, 325 Ninth Ave, Box 359927, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
N Engl J Med 362:427-39. 2010..Therapy to suppress HSV-2 reduces the frequency of reactivation of HSV-2 as well as HIV-1 levels, suggesting that suppression of HSV-2 may reduce the risk of transmission of HIV-1...