Chad D Morris
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Smoking cessation behaviors among persons with psychiatric diagnoses: results from a population-level state surveyChad D Morris
Behavioral Health and Wellness Program, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Department of Psychiatry, Campus Box F478, Aurora, CO 80045, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 136:63-8. 2014..Intentions to quit are known to be high in this population, but population-level cessation behaviors and attitudes by mental health (MH) diagnosis are not well known...
- Tobacco quitlines and persons with mental illnesses: perspective, practice, and directionChad D Morris
University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 15:32-40. 2009..The authors discuss emerging practices regarding quitline services for persons with mental illnesses, as well as expert opinion for enhancing work with these individuals...
- Smoking reduction for persons with mental illnesses: 6-month results from community-based interventionsChad D Morris
University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
Community Ment Health J 47:694-702. 2011..Findings suggest that common community tobacco cessation services are effective for this population...
- Multiple perspectives on tobacco use among youth with mental health disorders and addictionsChad D Morris
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Health Promot 25:S31-7. 2011..In comparison to the general population, this population also faces neurobiological and psychosocial vulnerabilities. There is a critical need for community services and research targeting tobacco interventions for these individuals...
- What do persons with mental illnesses need to quit smoking? Mental health consumer and provider perspectivesChad D Morris
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Psychiatry, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 32:276-84. 2009..The current study explored how to adapt evidence-based tobacco cessation interventions to meet the unique physiological, psychological, and social challenges facing persons with mental illnesses...
- Suicidal ideation and depressive symptoms among bipolar patients as predictors of the health and well-being of caregiversCheryl A Chessick
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:876-84. 2009..This study examined whether caregivers' health is associated with changes in suicidal ideation and depressive symptoms among bipolar patients observed over one year...
- Family-focused treatment for bipolar disorder in adults and youthChad D Morris
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Clin Psychol 63:433-45. 2007..Controlled trials indicate that FFT is an efficacious adjunct to pharmacotherapy for patients with bipolar disorder. We describe its recent application to early onset bipolar patients and include a clinical vignette...
- Predictors of tobacco use among persons with mental illnesses in a statewide populationChad D Morris
Department of Psychiatry, Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1035-8. 2006....
- Current suicide ideation and prior suicide attempts of bipolar patients as influences on caregiver burdenCheryl A Chessick
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:482-91. 2007..Levels of depression in caregivers varied with whether the caregiver was a spouse or a parent, and whether patients had a history of suicide attempts, current suicidal ideation, or both...
- Care satisfaction, hope, and life functioning among adults with bipolar disorder: data from the first 1000 participants in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement ProgramChad D Morris
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Compr Psychiatry 46:98-104. 2005..This prospective study examined the longitudinal relationships between patients' satisfaction with care, levels of hope, and life functioning in the first 1000 patients to enter STEP-BD...