Holly E R Morrell
Affiliation: University of California
- Predicting adolescent perceptions of the risks and benefits of cigarette smoking: a longitudinal investigationHolly E R Morrell
Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Health Psychol 29:610-7. 2010....
- Earlier age of smoking initiation may not predict heavier cigarette consumption in later adolescenceHolly E R Morrell
University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California St, Suite 245, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Prev Sci 12:247-54. 2011..Targeting prevention efforts to adolescents aged 14 to 17 years may further reduce smoking initiation among youth, thus limiting subsequent smoking-related morbidity and mortality in adulthood...
- Depression vulnerability predicts cigarette smoking among college students: Gender and negative reinforcement expectancies as contributing factorsHolly E R Morrell
Texas Tech University, Department of Psychology, Lubbock, Texas 79409 2051, USA
Addict Behav 35:607-11. 2010..Smoking interventions for college females may increase in effectiveness by targeting depression and emphasizing mood regulation...
- Treating depressed and anxious smokers in smoking cessation programsC Steven Richards
Department of Psychology, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409 2051, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 81:263-73. 2013..Previous reviews in this area have typically focused on depression or anxiety disorders, whereas this review focuses on both disorders...
- Examining the interrelationships between social anxiety, smoking to cope, and cigarette cravingNoreen L Watson
Department of Psychology, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409 2051, United States
Addict Behav 37:986-9. 2012..Further, targeting symptoms of social anxiety within the context of smoking cessation treatment may be particularly helpful and may improve the rates of smoking cessation among individuals with symptoms of social anxiety...
- Predictors of smoking and smokeless tobacco use in college students: a preliminary study using web-based survey methodologyHolly E R Morrell
Texas Tech University, Lubbock 79409 2051, USA
J Am Coll Health 54:108-15. 2005..The authors discuss implications for developing tobacco prevention programs targeting specific risk factors salient to the young adult population...
- Perceptions of smoking-related risks and benefits as predictors of adolescent smoking initiationAnna V Song
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Am J Public Health 99:487-92. 2009..We used prospective, longitudinal data to directly test whether smoking-related perceptions predict smoking initiation among adolescents...
- Smoking prevalence and awareness among undergraduate and health care studentsHolly E R Morrell
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Addict 17:181-6. 2008..Findings suggest that tobacco awareness programs should continue to target young adults as an at-risk population, and that health care training programs should place a greater emphasis on tobacco cessation...
- Identification and characterization of adolescents' sexual boundariesHilary T Wolf
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
J Adolesc Health 53:85-90. 2013....
- Physiological and psychological symptoms and predictors in early nicotine withdrawalHolly E R Morrell
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:272-8. 2008..The symptom structure of withdrawal did not change over time as abstinence levels increased; each symptom's contribution to nicotine withdrawal intensity remained stable throughout the first 18 h of abstinence...