Affiliation: University of Delaware
- American and Japanese women use different coping strategies during normal pregnancyBeth Morling
Muhlenberg College, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 29:1533-46. 2003..The findings are consistent with the view that well-being is related to individual variables in the United States but also to features of social relationships in Japan...
- Secondary control reviewed and definedBeth Morling
Department of Psychology, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Psychol Bull 132:269-96. 2006..The proposed definition and dimension should enable researchers to articulate assumptions about the function and correlates of secondary control...
- Measuring culture outside the head: a meta-analysis of individualism-collectivism in cultural productsBeth Morling
Department of Psychology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Rev 12:199-221. 2008..In addition to presenting this evidence, the authors highlight the importance of studying the dynamic relationships between sociocultural environments and psyches...
- Stereotype accuracy of ballet and modern dancersAlison Clabaugh
Department of Psychology, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, USA
J Soc Psychol 144:31-48. 2004..A group of nondancers reported stereotypes that were usually in the right direction although of inaccurate magnitude, and nondancers were sensitive to the relative sizes of group differences across traits...
- Is perceived emotional support beneficial? Well-being and health in independent and interdependent culturesYukiko Uchida
Kokoro Research Center, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 34:741-54. 2008..Overall, the evidence underscores the central significance of culture as a moderator of the effectiveness of perceived emotional support...