Affiliation: University of Washington
- Approaches to the difficult patient/parent encounterCora Collette Breuner
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Pediatrics 127:163-9. 2011..In this article we review existing literature on this subject and describe possible strategies for the pediatrician to use during a difficult encounter...
- Research ethics in the MySpace eraMegan A Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Adolescent Medicine, University of Washington and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Pediatrics 121:157-61. 2008..Addressing each of these concerns, we offer an ethical framework to promote informed and appropriate decisions...
- What are adolescents showing the world about their health risk behaviors on MySpace?Megan A Moreno
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
MedGenMed 9:9. 2007..Little data are available about what types of health risk behaviors adolescents display on MySpace profiles. There are potential risks and intervention opportunities associated with posting such information on a public Web site...
- Provocative questions in parochial sex education classes: higher incidence in younger studentsMegan Moreno
Adolescent Medicine, Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 21:259-64. 2008..Examining teens' questions in sex education classes may provide insight into these attitudes and behaviors...
- A content analysis of displayed alcohol references on a social networking web siteMegan A Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 4108, USA
J Adolesc Health 47:168-75. 2010..The purpose of this study was to conduct a theoretically based content analysis of older adolescents' displayed alcohol references on a social networking web site...
- Adolescent access to online health services: perils and promiseMegan A Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Adolescent Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Adolesc Health 44:244-51. 2009..Many health care institutions provide online health services to adult patients and proxy access to parents of young children. Many of the benefits and barriers to providing such services to adolescent patients remain unclear...