Affiliation: University of Washington
- Approaches to the difficult patient/parent encounterCora Collette Breuner
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Pediatrics 127:163-9. 2011..In this article we review existing literature on this subject and describe possible strategies for the pediatrician to use during a difficult encounter...
- Associations between social media displays and event-specific alcohol consumption by college studentsMegan A Moreno
University of Wisconsin, Department of Pediatrics, Madison, Wis, USA
WMJ 112:251-6. 2013..This study investigated displayed Mifflin references on Facebook and their association with alcohol consumption at the block party...
- Internet safety education for youth: stakeholder perspectivesMegan A Moreno
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
BMC Public Health 13:543. 2013..Internet safety education may prevent these negative consequences; however, it is unclear at what age this education should begin and what group is responsible for teaching this topic...
- Research ethics in the MySpace eraMegan A Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Adolescent Medicine, University of Washington and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Pediatrics 121:157-61. 2008..Addressing each of these concerns, we offer an ethical framework to promote informed and appropriate decisions...
- What are adolescents showing the world about their health risk behaviors on MySpace?Megan A Moreno
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
MedGenMed 9:9. 2007..Little data are available about what types of health risk behaviors adolescents display on MySpace profiles. There are potential risks and intervention opportunities associated with posting such information on a public Web site...
- Provocative questions in parochial sex education classes: higher incidence in younger studentsMegan Moreno
Adolescent Medicine, Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 21:259-64. 2008..Examining teens' questions in sex education classes may provide insight into these attitudes and behaviors...
- A content analysis of displayed alcohol references on a social networking web siteMegan A Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 4108, USA
J Adolesc Health 47:168-75. 2010..The purpose of this study was to conduct a theoretically based content analysis of older adolescents' displayed alcohol references on a social networking web site...
- Adolescence extended: implications of new brain research on medicine and policyMegan Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2870 University Ave, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Acta Paediatr 102:226-32. 2013..This study will review this presentation, focusing on the interplay between adolescent development and new brain research findings...
- Adolescent access to online health services: perils and promiseMegan A Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Adolescent Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Adolesc Health 44:244-51. 2009..Many health care institutions provide online health services to adult patients and proxy access to parents of young children. Many of the benefits and barriers to providing such services to adolescent patients remain unclear...