F A Moreno
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Association between a serotonin transporter promoter region polymorphism and mood response during tryptophan depletionF A Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AR 85724, USA
Mol Psychiatry 7:213-6. 2002..The use of endophenotypic markers for affective disorders such as the mood response to TRP depletion may facilitate studies of complex genetic traits such as depression by decreasing its heterogeneity...
- Sequential catecholamine and serotonin depletion in mirtazapine-treated depressed patientsPedro L Delgado
Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Researve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 5080, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:63-6. 2002..Mood response to tryptophan or catecholamine depletion is dependent on the pharmacological properties of the antidepressant being taken during depletion...
- Carnitine levels in valproic acid-treated psychiatric patients: a cross-sectional studyFrancisco A Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona Health Science Center, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, 7 OPC, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:555-8. 2005..This study sought to explore whether the same decrease in plasma free carnitine and increase in acylcarnitines are seen when VPA is used in the treatment of patients with psychiatric disease...
- CSF neurochemicals during tryptophan depletion in individuals with remitted depression and healthy controlsFrancisco A Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Ave 7 OPC, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 20:18-24. 2010..75, p<.10). These results illustrate the importance of assessing plasma SigmaLNAA when using the TRP depletion paradigm. The use of a single CSF sampling technique although practical may result in data acquisition limitations...
- Role of norepinephrine in depressionP L Delgado
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona Medical Center, Tucson, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:5-12. 2000..Research investigating the neurobiology of depression may be more informed if the focus is shifted to investigating areas of the brain modulated by monoamine systems rather than the monoamine systems themselves...
- Hallucinogens, serotonin and obsessive-compulsive disorderP L Delgado
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson 85724, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 30:359-66. 1998..The authors suggest that controlled trials of potent 5-HT2 agonists in people suffering from OCD are warranted...
- Sex differences in depressive response during monoamine depletions in remitted depressive subjectsFrancisco A Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson 85724, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1618-23. 2006..The present study assessed the effects of sex on the mood response during acute monoamine depletion...
- Acupuncture for depression: a randomized controlled trialJohn J B Allen
Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721 0068, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1665-73. 2006..To assess the efficacy of acupuncture as an intervention for major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of psilocybin in 9 patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderFrancisco A Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1735-40. 2006..This modified double-blind study investigated the safety, tolerability, and clinical effects of psilocybin, a potent 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(2A/2C) agonist, in patients with OCD...
- Alteration of frontal EEG asymmetry during tryptophan depletion predicts future depressionJohn J B Allen
Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0068, United States
J Affect Disord 115:189-95. 2009..Better prediction might result by assessing a putative endophenotype for depressive risk, frontal electroencephalographic (EEG) asymmetry, in the context of TD...
- Polymorphisms of the HTR1a allele are linked to frontal brain electrical asymmetryAndrew W Bismark
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0068, United States
Biol Psychol 83:153-8. 2010..In conclusion, variation in HTR1a can influence trait level brain activity, which may ultimately be indicative of risk for psychopathology...
- The Arizona Sexual Experience Scale (ASEX): reliability and validityC A McGahuey
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 26:25-40. 2000..Possible total scores range from 5 to 30, with the higher scores indicating more sexual dysfunction. This study assesses the internal consistency, test-retest reliability, and convergent and discriminant validity of the ASEX...
- Emotional blunting associated with SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. Do SSRIs inhibit emotional responses?Adam Opbroek
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:147-51. 2002..Emotional blunting may be an under-appreciated side-effect of SSRIs that may contribute to treatment non-compliance and/or reduced quality of life...
- Effect of vagus nerve stimulation on cerebrospinal fluid monoamine metabolites, norepinephrine, and gamma-aminobutyric acid concentrations in depressed patientsLinda L Carpenter
Laboratory for Clinical Neuroscience, Butler Hospital, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA edu
Biol Psychiatry 56:418-26. 2004..Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) studies in epilepsy patients show that VNS alters concentrations of monamines and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), neurotransmitter systems possibly involved in the pathogenesis of depression...