J S Moreb
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Heterogeneity of aldehyde dehydrogenase expression in lung cancer cell lines is revealed by Aldefluor flow cytometry-based assayJan S Moreb
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 72:281-9. 2007....
- Overcoming immune tolerance against multiple myeloma with lentiviral calnexin-engineered dendritic cellsShuhong Han
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0266, USA
Mol Ther 16:269-79. 2008..This concept of modulating anticancer immunity by genetically engineering cancer patients' DCs may improve immunotherapeutic regimens in cancer treatment...
- Expression of antisense RNA to aldehyde dehydrogenase class-1 sensitizes tumor cells to 4-hydroperoxycyclophosphamide in vitroJ S Moreb
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida32610 0277, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 293:390-6. 2000..These results indicate that ALDH-1 expression and activity can be specifically and effectively suppressed by AS RNA and lead to increased sensitivity to 4-HC...
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase as a marker for stem cellsJan S Moreb
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Road, PO Box 100277, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Curr Stem Cell Res Ther 3:237-46. 2008..We raise questions that need to be investigated before a reasonable therapeutic strategy can be devised that will effectively inhibit ALDH activity...
- ALDH isozymes downregulation affects cell growth, cell motility and gene expression in lung cancer cellsJan S Moreb
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Mol Cancer 7:87. 2008..Aldehyde dehydrogenase isozymes ALDH1A1 and ALDH3A1 are highly expressed in non small cell lung cancer. Neither the mechanisms nor the biologic significance for such over expression have been studied...
- RNAi-mediated knockdown of aldehyde dehydrogenase class-1A1 and class-3A1 is specific and reveals that each contributes equally to the resistance against 4-hydroperoxycyclophosphamideJan S Moreb
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, 1600 SW Archer Road, Room R4 220, PO Box 100277, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 59:127-36. 2007..We have previously reported the downregulation of these enzymes by all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA)...
- Retinoic acid down-regulates aldehyde dehydrogenase and increases cytotoxicity of 4-hydroperoxycyclophosphamide and acetaldehydeJan S Moreb
University of Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, P O Box 100277, 1600 SW Archer Road, Room R4 220, Gainesville, FL 32610 0277, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:339-45. 2005..These results may have clinical implications in regard to the use of retinoids in lung cancer prevention and treatment...
- Genetic polymorphisms and other risk factors associated with bisphosphonate induced osteonecrosis of the jawJ Katz
Department of Oral Medicine, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:605-11. 2011..2 (95% confidence interval of 1.8-69.9; p value 0.0097). Smoking, type of BP and combined genotype score of COL1A1, RANK, MMP2, OPG and OPN were significantly associated with BONJ in MM patients undergoing BP therapy...
- Engraftment syndrome in breast cancer patients after stem cell transplantation is associated with poor long-term survivalS A Khan
Division of Hematology Oncology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0277, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:433-8. 2001..Thus, patients with ES should be considered for close follow-up and further therapy posttransplantation...
- Ex vivo development, expansion and in vivo analysis of a novel lineage of dendritic cells from hematopoietic stem cellsShuhong Han
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 32610 USA
J Immune Based Ther Vaccines 8:8. 2010....
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase activity as a functional marker for lung cancerDeniz Ucar
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Chem Biol Interact 178:48-55. 2009..These observations and the known role of ALDH in drug resistance may have significant therapeutic implications in the treatment of lung cancer...
- ALDH1A1 and ALDH3A1 expression in lung cancers: correlation with histologic type and potential precursorsMiten Patel
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, FL, USA
Lung Cancer 59:340-9. 2008....
- Late onset of invasive aspergillus infection in bone marrow transplant patients at a university hospitalW B Grow
University of Florida College of Medicine, Shands Hospital, Gainesville, FL 32610-0277, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:15-9. 2002..These data have important implications in an era of alternate donor transplants and more intense immunosuppression. Established strategies implementing newer, less toxic antifungal agents as prophylaxis in high-risk patients are needed...
- Six cases of permanent alopecia after various conditioning regimens commonly used in hematopoietic stem cell transplantationM Machado
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville Florida, FL 32610, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:979-82. 2007..Our findings may also have medico legal and psychosocial implications that need to be taken into consideration when consenting patients for HSCT...
- Correlation of early lymphocyte recovery and progression-free survival after autologous stem-cell transplant in patients with Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's LymphomaL N Gordan
Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:1009-13. 2003....
- Poor mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells is a risk factor for worse outcome in lymphoma patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantationL N Gordan
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology-Oncology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, P.O. Box 100277, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 44:815-20. 2003....
- Diverse T-cell differentiation potentials of human fetal thymus, fetal liver, cord blood and adult bone marrow CD34 cells on lentiviral Delta-like-1-modified mouse stromal cellsEkta Patel
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0266, USA
Immunology 128:e497-505. 2009..However, further modification of this in vitro T-cell development system is necessary to attain fully functional T cells...
- Diagnosis of an early precursor-B-ALL presenting with hypereosinophilia using FISH on immunomagnetically selected CD19+ cellsKarl T Hagler
Division of Hematology/Oncology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 3:62-4. 2005
- Busulfan, cyclophosphamide, and etoposide as conditioning for autologous stem cell transplantation in multiple myelomaChristopher R Cogle
University of Florida, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Am J Hematol 73:169-75. 2003....