Kerrie L Moreau
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Endothelial function is impaired across the stages of the menopause transition in healthy womenKerrie L Moreau
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:4692-700. 2012..The stages of the menopause transition are characterized by changes in ovarian hormones and increased cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors and vasomotor symptoms that may adversely affect vascular health...
- Tetrahydrobiopterin improves endothelial function and decreases arterial stiffness in estrogen-deficient postmenopausal womenKerrie L Moreau
Divisions of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H1211-8. 2012....
- Hysterectomy is associated with large artery stiffening in estrogen-deficient postmenopausal womenKathleen M Gavin
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Menopause 19:1000-7. 2012..Large artery stiffening, a biomarker of vascular aging, increases the risk for CVD. We determined whether hysterectomy with or without bilateral oophorectomy (BLO) is associated with arterial stiffening in healthy postmenopausal women...
- Effects of testosterone and progressive resistance exercise in healthy, highly functioning older men with low-normal testosterone levelsKerry L Hildreth
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1891-900. 2013..Aging in men is associated with reduced testosterone (T) levels and physiological changes leading to frailty, but the benefits of T supplementation are inconclusive...
- Vascular endothelial estrogen receptor alpha is modulated by estrogen status and related to endothelial function and endothelial nitric oxide synthase in healthy womenKathleen M Gavin
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3513-20. 2009..We determined whether vascular endothelial cell expression of ER alpha is influenced by estrogen status and is related to vascular endothelial function in healthy women...
- CCR5 expression is elevated on endocervical CD4+ T cells in healthy postmenopausal womenAmie L Meditz
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:221-8. 2012..Activated CD4+ T cells and CCR5 expression are linked to HIV-1 susceptibility, but whether these parameters are altered in the cervix of older women is unknown...