Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Imputation method for lifetime exposure assessment in air pollution epidemiologic studiesJan Beyea
Consulting in the Public Interest CIPI, Lambertville, NJ, USA
Environ Health 12:62. 2013..We also address challenges that arise, including choice of imputation method, potential bias in regression coefficients, and uncertainty in age-at-exposure sensitivities...
- Associations of toenail arsenic, cadmium, mercury, manganese, and lead with blood pressure in the normative aging studyIrina Mordukhovich
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:98-104. 2012..These associations may be mediated by direct effects of the metals on blood pressure (BP) elevation. Manganese is associated with cardiovascular dysfunction and hypotension in occupational cohorts...
- Association between low-level environmental arsenic exposure and QT interval duration in a general population studyIrina Mordukhovich
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:739-46. 2009..93) or QTc (P = 0.58). The authors observed positive associations between a biomarker of arsenic exposure and QT duration but found no evidence of effect modification by calcium channel blocker use, possibly because of modest power...
- Black carbon exposure, oxidative stress genes, and blood pressure in a repeated-measures studyIrina Mordukhovich
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1767-72. 2009..A small number of studies have investigated the relationship between PM and BP and found mixed results. Evidence suggests that traffic-related air pollution contributes significantly to PM-related cardiovascular effects...
- Associations between polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-related exposures and p53 mutations in breast tumorsIrina Mordukhovich
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:511-8. 2010..Objectives: We hypothesized that associations of PAH-related exposures with breast cancer would differ according to tumor p53 mutation status, effect, type, and number...
- Association between long-term exposure to traffic particles and blood pressure in the Veterans Administration Normative Aging StudyJoel Schwartz
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Occup Environ Med 69:422-7. 2012..The main objective was to assess the relationship between long-term exposure to traffic-related air pollution and blood pressure (BP)...