Pablo A Mora
Affiliation: University of Texas at Arlington
- Heterogeneity in depression symptoms and health status among older adultsPablo A Mora
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
J Aging Health 24:879-96. 2012..We assessed whether distinct classes of depression symptoms could be identified. In addition, we determined how these classes differed in terms of health status...
- Measurement invariance of the Mini Asthma Quality of Life Questionnaire across African-American and Latino adult asthma patientsPablo A Mora
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Qual Life Res 18:371-80. 2009..This study tested the factorial and measurement invariance of the Mini Asthma Quality of Life Questionnaire (MiniAQLQ) in a sample of Latino and African-American asthmatic patients...
- Psychological factors influencing self-assessments of health: toward an understanding of the mechanisms underlying how people rate their own healthPablo A Mora
Institute for Health, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Ann Behav Med 36:292-303. 2008..However, it is still unclear what factors are responsible for the association of SAH with mortality and other objective health indicators...
- Factor structure and longitudinal invariance of the Medical Adherence Report Scale-AsthmaPablo A Mora
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX, USA
Psychol Health 26:713-27. 2011..Additionally, longitudinal data provided strong evidence that the items examining intentional non-adherence are invariant over time, indicating that changes in non-adherence scores can be validly attributed to changes in behaviour...
- Measurement invariance of the SF-12 across European-American, Latina, and African-American postpartum womenTamer F Desouky
Department of Psychology, The University of Texas at Arlington, 501 S Nedderman Suite 313, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Qual Life Res 22:1135-44. 2013..DIF refers to differential endorsement of item responses that are not due to the construct being measured. DIF can result in biased group comparisons...
- Why do comparative assessments predict health? The role of self-assessed health in the formation of comparative health judgmentsPablo A Mora
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Arlington
Health Psychol 32:1175-8. 2013..Additionally, the authors examined whether motivational and dispositional factors influenced CH and whether these factors were able to account for the differences between CH and SAH...
- Trait negative affect relates to prior-week symptoms, but not to reports of illness episodes, illness symptoms, and care seeking among older personsPablo A Mora
Institute for Health and Department of Psychology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 1293, USA
Psychosom Med 64:436-49. 2002..Trait NA and SAH were compared with the properties of the illness episodes in models predicting the use of medical care...
- Using the common sense model to design interventions for the prevention and management of chronic illness threats: from description to processLisa M McAndrew
Center for the Study of Health Beliefs and Behavior, Institute for Health, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Br J Health Psychol 13:195-204. 2008....
- Depression as a predictor of perceived social support and demand: a componential approach using a prospective sample of older adultsMichael J Maher
Department of Psychology, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, NJ, USA
Emotion 6:450-8. 2006..Future research should consider the pathways linking depressive cognition to perceived support and demand...
- Distinct trajectories of perinatal depressive symptomatology: evidence from growth mixture modelingPablo A Mora
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Am J Epidemiol 169:24-32. 2009..This heterogeneity should be considered in maternal depression programs. Additional research is needed to determine the association of these trajectory classes with maternal and child health outcomes...