Kathleen N Moore
Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Moore K, Herzog T, Lewin S, Giuntoli R, Armstrong D, Rocconi R, et al. A comparison of cisplatin/paclitaxel and carboplatin/paclitaxel in stage IVB, recurrent or persistent cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;105:299-303 pubmed..Because of its ease of administration and improved toxicity profile, CT should be considered in the treatment of advanced, recurrent or progressive cervical cancer. ..
- Moore K, Moxley K, Fader A, Axtell A, Rocconi R, Abaid L, et al. Serous fallopian tube carcinoma: a retrospective, multi-institutional case-control comparison to serous adenocarcinoma of the ovary. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;107:398-403 pubmed..This should reassure clinicians that treatment of PCFT should mirror that of OC and that PCFT should be included in clinical trials. ..
- Moore K, Sill M, Tenney M, Darus C, Griffin D, Werner T, et al. A phase II trial of trebananib (AMG 386; IND#111071), a selective angiopoietin 1/2 neutralizing peptibody, in patients with persistent/recurrent carcinoma of the endometrium: An NRG/Gynecologic Oncology Group trial. Gynecol Oncol. 2015;138:513-8 pubmed publisher..Trebananib has insufficient single agent activity in recurrent EC to warrant further investigation at this dose/schedule. ..
- Gillen J, Gunderson C, Greenwade M, Rowland M, Ruskin R, Ding K, et al. Contribution of age to clinical trial enrollment and tolerance with ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;145:32-36 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to identify the mechanisms which contribute to the inequality that age imposes on outcomes. ..
- Gunderson C, Ding K, Dvorak J, Moore K, McMeekin D, Benbrook D. The pro-inflammatory effect of obesity on high grade serous ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2016;143:40-45 pubmed publisher..Differences in survival and platinum sensitivity were not noted. Future studies are warranted to determine whether obesity may be a modifiable risk factor for poorer outcomes due to differing immune response. ..
- Landrum L, Brady W, Armstrong D, Moore K, DiSilvestro P, O Malley D, et al. A phase I trial of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD), carboplatin, bevacizumab and veliparib in recurrent, platinum-sensitive ovarian, primary peritoneal, and fallopian tube cancer: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2016;140:204-9 pubmed publisher..o. b.i.d. in women with recurrent, platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer. With bevacizumab, DLTs were noted in 9 out of 12 patients. Lower doses of veliparib will need to be considered when given in combination with platinum-based therapies. ..
- Moore K, Zhang Z, Agarwal S, Burris H, Patel M, Kansra V. The effect of food on the pharmacokinetics of niraparib, a poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor, in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2018;81:497-503 pubmed publisher..Adverse events were similar between conditions. A high-fat meal did not impact the PK profile of niraparib, indicating that niraparib can be taken with or without food. Niraparib was safe and well-tolerated. ..
- Gunderson C, Rowland M, Wright D, Andrade K, Mannel R, McMeekin D, et al. Initiation of a formalized precision medicine program in gynecologic oncology. Gynecol Oncol. 2016;141:24-8 pubmed publisher..Longer-term follow up will be required to determine the success of this strategy. ..
- Moore K, Mannel R. Is the NCI MATCH trial a match for gynecologic oncology?. Gynecol Oncol. 2016;140:161-6 pubmed publisher..This review article will discuss the types of novel trial designs that led to the development and launch of the NCI MATCH. ..
- Moore K, Monk B. Patient Counseling and Management of Symptoms During Olaparib Therapy for Recurrent Ovarian Cancer. Oncologist. 2016;21:954-63 pubmed publisher..This report summarizes a practical approach to supportive care for patients receiving olaparib therapy. ..
- Ahsen M, Boren T, Singh N, Misganaw B, Mutch D, Moore K, et al. Sparse feature selection for classification and prediction of metastasis in endometrial cancer. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:233 pubmed publisher..25%). Results indicate that the evaluation of the quantitative sparse-feature classifier proposed here in clinical trials may lead to significant improvement in the prediction of lymphatic metastases in endometrial cancer patients. ..
- CRIM A, Rowland M, Ruskin R, Dvorak J, Greenwade M, Walter A, et al. Evaluation of the efficacy and toxicity profile associated with intraperitoneal chemotherapy use in older women. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:268-272 pubmed publisher..IP CT appears well tolerated and effective among select older patients and is likely under-utilized outside of clinical trials. ..
- Moore K, Tritchler D, Kaufman K, Lankes H, Quinn M, Van Le L, et al. Genome-wide association study evaluating single-nucleotide polymorphisms and outcomes in patients with advanced stage serous ovarian or primary peritoneal cancer: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:396-401 pubmed publisher..The SNP's identified in this GWAS study will require validation and these preliminary findings may lead to identification of novel pathways and biomarkers. ..
- Martin L, Konner J, Moore K, Seward S, Matulonis U, Perez R, et al. Characterization of folate receptor alpha (FRα) expression in archival tumor and biopsy samples from relapsed epithelial ovarian cancer patients: A phase I expansion study of the FRα-targeting antibody-drug conjugate mirvetuximab soravtansine. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:402-407 pubmed publisher..Regardless of the tissue source analyzed, higher FRα expression was associated with greater antitumor activity. ..
- Thaker P, Brady W, Lankes H, Odunsi K, Bradley W, Moore K, et al. A phase I trial of intraperitoneal GEN-1, an IL-12 plasmid formulated with PEG-PEI-cholesterol lipopolymer, administered with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in patients with recurrent or persistent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary perit. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:283-290 pubmed publisher..GEN-1 in combination with PLD has encouraging clinical benefit and biological activity in recurrent or persistent EOC and warrants further investigation with escalating doses of GEN-1. ..
- Greenwade M, Moore K, Gillen J, Ding K, Rowland M, Crim A, et al. Factors influencing clinical trial enrollment among ovarian cancer patients. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:465-469 pubmed publisher..Increasing age was associated with non-participation. Modifiable barriers must be overcome so that trial enrollment can better reflect true EOC demographics. ..
- Grabosch S, Tseng G, Edwards R, Lankes H, Moore K, Odunsi K, et al. Multiplex profiling identifies distinct local and systemic alterations during intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group Study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:137-145 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometry does not adequately capture biomarker fluctuations. As a proof of principle study, this trial provides evidence that sampling the peritoneal cavity can be adapted for biomarker analysis. ..
- Jandial D, Brady W, Howell S, Lankes H, Schilder R, Beumer J, et al. A phase I pharmacokinetic study of intraperitoneal bortezomib and carboplatin in patients with persistent or recurrent ovarian cancer: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;145:236-242 pubmed publisher..IP administration of this novel combination was feasible and showed promising activity in this phase I trial of heavily pre-treated women with ovarian cancer. Further evaluation of this IP combination should be conducted. ..
- Moore K, Java J, Slaughter K, Rose P, Lanciano R, DiSilvestro P, et al. Is age a prognostic biomarker for survival among women with locally advanced cervical cancer treated with chemoradiation? An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group ancillary data analysis. Gynecol Oncol. 2016;143:294-301 pubmed publisher..Older patients, had higher rates of incomplete brachytherapy which is not explained by collected toxicity data. Age did not adversely impact completion of chemotherapy and radiation or toxicities. ..
- Gunderson C, Java J, Moore K, Walker J. The impact of obesity on surgical staging, complications, and survival with uterine cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group LAP2 ancillary data study. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;133:23-7 pubmed publisher..To determine the association of body mass index (BMI) on complications, recurrence, and survival in GOG LAP2, a randomized comparison of laparoscopic versus open staging in clinically early stage uterine cancer (EC)...
- Moore K, Gold M, McMeekin D, Zorn K. Vesicovaginal fistula formation in patients with Stage IVA cervical carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;106:498-501 pubmed..To evaluate the rate of vesicovaginal fistula formation and mortality in women with Stage IVA cervical carcinoma...