Constance M Moore
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Bioenergetic measurements in children with bipolar disorder: a pilot 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyElif M Sikoglu
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54536. 2013..Previous studies have found abnormal cerebral pH levels in adults with BD, which may be directly linked to abnormal mitochondrial activity. To date no such studies have been reported in children with BD...
- Areas of the brain modulated by single-dose methylphenidate treatment in youth with ADHD during task-based fMRI: a systematic reviewSuzanne M Czerniak
University of Massachusetts Medical School, 303 Belmont St, Worcester, MA 01604, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 21:151-62. 2013....
- White matter abnormalities in children with and at risk for bipolar disorderJean A Frazier
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Bipolar Disord 9:799-809. 2007..To more fully examine this possibility, we scanned children with DSM-IV BPD and compared them to healthy peers and children at risk for BPD (AR-BPD), defined as having a first-degree relative with the disorder...
- GABAergic neuroactive steroids and resting-state functional connectivity in postpartum depression: a preliminary studyKristina M Deligiannidis
Center for Psychopharmacologic Research and Treatment, University of Massachusetts Medical School and UMass Memorial Health Care, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Psychiatr Res 47:816-28. 2013..This is the first report of a disruption in the rs-fc patterns in medication-free subjects with PPD. This disruption may contribute to the development of PPD, at a time of falling neuroactive steroid concentrations...
- Diagnostic and sex effects on limbic volumes in early-onset bipolar disorder and schizophreniaJean A Frazier
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
Schizophr Bull 34:37-46. 2008..The limbic structures in early-onset schizophrenia-spectrum illness (SZ) and bipolar disorder (BPD) were studied to discern patterns associated with diagnosis and sex...
- Effect of diet on brain metabolites and behavior in spontaneously hypertensive ratsAna A Liso Navarro
Center for Comparative NeuroImaging, Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01604, USA Office Médico Pédagogique, Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva School of Medicine, 1 David Dufour, CP 50, 1211 Geneva 8, Switzerland
Behav Brain Res 270:240-7. 2014..These findings support the possible alteration in energy metabolites in ADHD, correlating with hyperactivity in the animal model. The data also suggest that omega 3 fatty acids alter brain energy and phospholipid metabolism. ..