Wesley G Moons
Affiliation: University of California
- The impact of repetition-induced familiarity on agreement with weak and strong argumentsWesley G Moons
Department of Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 96:32-44. 2009....
- Anger and fear responses to stress have different biological profilesWesley G Moons
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, United States
Brain Behav Immun 24:215-9. 2010..Discussion focuses on the role of the HPA axis to increase available metabolic fuel and proinflammatory cytokines to prompt behavioral withdrawal...
- Thinking straight while seeing red: the influence of anger on information processingWesley G Moons
Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 33:706-20. 2007..Together, these experiments showed that angry people can have both the capacity and motivation to process and that their selective use of heuristics reflects the cue's perceived validity and not the failure to process analytically...
- Effects of a supportive or an unsupportive audience on biological and psychological responses to stressShelley E Taylor
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095
J Pers Soc Psychol 98:47-56. 2010..It was concluded that when one must perform stressful tasks in front of an audience, evaluative concerns may outweigh the potential benefits of a supportive audience...
- Neural and behavioral bases of age differences in perceptions of trustElizabeth Castle
Department of Psychology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:20848-52. 2012..Thus, a diminished "gut" response to cues of untrustworthiness may partially underlie older adults' vulnerability to fraud...