Lori P Montross
Affiliation: University of California
- Suicide among patients with schizophrenia: a consideration of risk and protective factorsLori P Montross
University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 17:173-82. 2005..This review serves to expand on the literature pertaining to suicide risk factors by additionally outlining how protective factors may shield against suicide within this unique patient population...
- Tri-ethnic variations of co-morbid substance and alcohol use disorders in schizophreniaLori P Montross
University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Geriatric Psychiatry 116A 1, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Schizophr Res 79:297-305. 2005....
- Diagnostic variability for schizophrenia and major depression in a large public mental health care system datasetDavid P Folsom
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Psychiatry Res 144:167-75. 2006..Further research is needed to clarify the relationship between psychiatric diagnosis, diagnostic variability and treatment setting...
- Self-administered cognitive screening for a study of successful aging among community-dwelling seniors: a preliminary studyDavid J Moore
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:327-31. 2007..Yet, there are few published instruments for brief and reliable self-administered cognitive assessment that could be used in large population-based studies of community-dwelling elderly people...
- Suicidal ideation and suicide attempts among middle-aged and older patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders and concurrent subsyndromal depressionLori P Montross
Argosy University, San Diego Campus, Psychology Program, San Diego, California, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:884-90. 2008..The impact of hopelessness and general psychopathology, as well as the insignificance of demographic characteristics and medical illness severity warrant further investigation...
- Correlates of self-rated successful aging among community-dwelling older adultsLori P Montross
Sam and Rose Stein Institute for Research on Aging, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, VA San Diego Healthcare System, CA 92161, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:43-51. 2006..There is no consensus on how to define successful aging. The authors sought to determine the correlates of self-rated successful aging as well as its correspondence with major researcher-defined criteria...
- Comparison of international medical graduates with US medical students and residents after a four-week course in palliative medicine: a pilot studyHolly B Yang
San Diego Hospice and the Institute for Palliative Medicine, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Palliat Med 16:471-7. 2013..S. physicians. The goal of this study was to evaluate whether a four-week course in palliative medicine could bring IMG attitudes, concerns, competence, and knowledge to the level of U.S. trainees...
- Psychiatry resident education in palliative care: opportunities, desired training, and outcomes of a targeted educational interventionScott A Irwin
The Institute for Palliative Medicine at the San Diego Hospice, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Psychosomatics 52:530-6. 2011....