Eric W Montie
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Neuroanatomy of the subadult and fetal brain of the Atlantic white-sided dolphin (Lagenorhynchus acutus) from in situ magnetic resonance imagesEric W Montie
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 290:1459-79. 2007....
- Volumetric neuroimaging of the atlantic white-sided dolphin (Lagenorhynchus acutus) brain from in situ magnetic resonance imagesEric W Montie
Department of Biology, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 291:263-82. 2008....
- Magnetic resonance imaging quality and volumes of brain structures from live and postmortem imaging of California sea lions with clinical signs of domoic acid toxicosisEric W Montie
College of Marine Science, University of South Florida, Florida 33701, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 91:243-56. 2010..Thus, postmortem MRI scanning (either intact or formalin-fixed) with volumetric analysis can be used to investigate the acute, chronic and possible developmental effects of DA on the brain of California sea lions...
- Cytochrome P4501A1 expression, polychlorinated biphenyls and hydroxylated metabolites, and adipocyte size of bottlenose dolphins from the Southeast United StatesEric W Montie
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution WHOI, Woods Hole, MA, United States
Aquat Toxicol 86:397-412. 2008..The OH-PCBs thus formed have the potential to interfere with thyroid hormone homeostasis...
- Organohalogen contaminants and metabolites in cerebrospinal fluid and cerebellum gray matter in short-beaked common dolphins and Atlantic white-sided dolphins from the western North AtlanticEric W Montie
Department of Biology, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Environ Pollut 157:2345-58. 2009..The sum (Sigma) OH-PCBs/Sigma PCB concentration ratio in CSF was approximately two to three orders of magnitude greater than the ratio in cerebellum GM for dolphins...
- Neuroanatomy and volumes of brain structures of a live California sea lion (Zalophus californianus) from magnetic resonance imagesEric W Montie
College of Marine Science, University of South Florida, 140 Seventh Avenue South, KRC 2107, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 292:1523-47. 2009..In California sea lions, this approach can be used not only to relate cognitive and sensory capabilities to brain size but also to investigate the neurological effects of exposure to neurotoxins such as domoic acid...
- Brominated flame retardants and organochlorine contaminants in winter flounder, harp and hooded seals, and North Atlantic right whales from the Northwest Atlantic OceanEric W Montie
Department of Biology EWM, MJM, and MEH, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution WHOI, Woods Hole, MA 02543, United States
Mar Pollut Bull 60:1160-9. 2010..Future research should focus on monitoring PBDEs, current-use, non-PBDE BFRs, and MeO-BDEs of natural origin in marine organisms from Massachusetts and Cape Cod Bays...
- Blubber morphology in wild bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus) from the Southeastern United States: influence of geographic location, age class, and reproductive stateEric W Montie
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
J Morphol 269:496-511. 2008..This study demonstrates that ontogeny, geography, and reproductive state may influence morphological parameters such as structural fiber densities and adipocyte numbers and sizes, measured in bottlenose dolphin blubber...