Affiliation: University of Washington
- Expression of oncogenic epidermal growth factor receptor family kinases induces paclitaxel resistance and alters beta-tubulin isotype expressionR B Montgomery
Department of Medicine and Oncology, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
J Biol Chem 275:17358-63. 2000..This effect on tubulin expression may modulate drug resistance in human malignancies that express these oncogenes...
- Estradiol suppresses tissue androgens and prostate cancer growth in castration resistant prostate cancerBruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Cancer 10:244. 2010..We hypothesize that estrogen inhibits CRPC in anorchid animals by suppressing tumoral androgens, an effect independent of the estrogen receptor...
- Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program study 553: Chemotherapy after prostatectomy, a phase III randomized study of prostatectomy versus prostatectomy with adjuvant docetaxel for patients with high-risk, localized prostate cancerBruce Montgomery
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Urology 72:474-80. 2008
- Association of body mass index with response and survival in men with metastatic prostate cancer: Southwest Oncology Group trials 8894 and 9916R Bruce Montgomery
University of Washington and Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Urol 178:1946-51; discussion 1951. 2007..We evaluated the effect of body mass index on prostate specific antigen response, and progression-free and overall survival in men with androgen dependent or androgen independent metastatic prostate cancer...
- Diethylstilbestrol and docetaxel: a Phase II study of tubulin active agents in patients with metastatic, androgen-independent prostate cancerR Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System VAPSHCS, and University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Cancer 110:996-1002. 2007..The addition of diethylstilbestrol to docetaxel modified tubulin composition and improved the response of prostate cancer to chemotherapy in preclinical models. An attempt was made to recapitulate the observations in a clinical trial...
- Estrogen effects on tubulin expression and taxane mediated cytotoxicity in prostate cancer cellsR Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, 98108, USA
Prostate 65:141-50. 2005....
- Endogenous anti-HER2 antibodies block HER2 phosphorylation and signaling through extracellular signal-regulated kinaseR Bruce Montgomery
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, VA Puget Sound HCS University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Cancer Res 65:650-6. 2005..Endogenous anti-HER2 antibodies can effectively suppress HER2 kinase activity and downstream signaling to inhibit the transformed phenotype of HER2-expressing tumor cells...
- Antagonistic and agonistic effects of quinazoline tyrosine kinase inhibitors on mutant EGF receptor functionR Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, University of Washington and VA Puget Sound HCS, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Int J Cancer 101:111-7. 2002....
- An antibody targeting the type I insulin-like growth factor receptor enhances the castration-induced response in androgen-dependent prostate cancerStephen R Plymate
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:6429-39. 2007....
- Targeted androgen pathway suppression in localized prostate cancer: a pilot studyElahe A Mostaghel
Elahe A Mostaghel, Rachel Hunter Merrill, and Roman Gulati, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Elahe A Mostaghel, Peter S Nelson, Paul Lange, Daniel W Lin, William Ellis, Robert Vessella, and Bruce Montgomery, University of Washington Brett Marck, Alvin M Matsumoto, and Lawrence D True, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA Mary Ellen Taplin and Philip Kantoff, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School Steven Balk, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA and Daniel Tamae and Trevor Penning, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
J Clin Oncol 32:229-37. 2014..The failure to completely ablate tissue androgens may limit suppression of PCa growth. We evaluated combinations of CYP17A and 5-α-reductase inhibitors for reducing prostate androgen levels, AR signaling, and PCa volumes...
- Effects of the herbal extract PC-SPES on microtubule dynamics and paclitaxel-mediated prostate tumor growth inhibitionMichael J Bonham
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:1641-7. 2002..We sought to identify PC-SPES-induced changes in gene expression, specifically in those genes encoding cytoskeletal proteins that could be associated with PC-SPES-induced cytoxicity...
- Characterization of chemical constituents in Scutellaria baicalensis with antiandrogenic and growth-inhibitory activities toward prostate carcinomaMichael Bonham
Divisions of Human Biology and Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Department of Medicine and Oncology, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3905-14. 2005..Due to the difficulties encountered when evaluating the efficacy of complex natural products, we sought to identify active chemical constituents within Scutellaria and determine their mechanisms of action...
- Response of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system to IGF-IR inhibition and androgen deprivation in a neoadjuvant prostate cancer trial: effects of obesity and androgen deprivationJames P Dean
Human Biology Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E820-8. 2013....
- Maintenance of intratumoral androgens in metastatic prostate cancer: a mechanism for castration-resistant tumor growthR Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Weattle, WA, USA
Cancer Res 68:4447-54. 2008..Maximal therapeutic efficacy in the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer will require novel agents capable of inhibiting intracrine steroidogenic pathways within the prostate tumor microenvironment...
- Resistance to CYP17A1 inhibition with abiraterone in castration-resistant prostate cancer: induction of steroidogenesis and androgen receptor splice variantsElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Clinical Research and Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5913-25. 2011..The effectiveness of abiraterone in reducing tumor androgens is not known, nor have mechanisms contributing to abiraterone resistance been established...
- Characterization of osteoblastic and osteolytic proteins in prostate cancer bone metastasesSandy R Larson
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Prostate 73:932-40. 2013..We determined whether previously identified and/or novel proteins were associated with the osteoblastic or osteolytic response in clinical specimens of PCa bone metastases...
- Molecular effects of the herbal compound PC-SPES: identification of activity pathways in prostate carcinomaMichael Bonham
Divisions of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Res 62:3920-4. 2002....
- MEK4 function, genistein treatment, and invasion of human prostate cancer cellsLi Xu
Department of Medicine, Robert H Lurie Cancer Center and Center for Drug Discovery and Chemical Biology of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL60610, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1141-55. 2009..We investigated the target for genistein in prostate cancer cells...
- Expression of SLCO transport genes in castration-resistant prostate cancer and impact of genetic variation in SLCO1B3 and SLCO2B1 on prostate cancer outcomesJonathan L Wright
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:619-27. 2011....
- Characterization of single disseminated prostate cancer cells reveals tumor cell heterogeneity and identifies dormancy associated pathwaysLisly Chéry
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Contributed equally to this work
Oncotarget 5:9939-51. 2014..This study provides the first clinical evidence of the p38 pathway as a potential biomarker for early recurrence and an attractive target for therapeutic intervention...
- Androgen deprivation therapy: progress in understanding mechanisms of resistance and optimizing androgen depletionWilliam P Harris
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 6:76-85. 2009....
- Unconventional therapy for prostate cancer: good, bad or questionable?Peter S Nelson
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 3:845-58. 2003
- Testosterone regulates tight junction proteins and influences prostatic autoimmune responsesJing Meng
Divisions of Human Biology and Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, D4 100, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Horm Cancer 2:145-56. 2011....
- Combined in vivo effect of A12, a type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor antibody, and docetaxel against prostate cancer tumorsJennifer D Wu
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:6153-60. 2006..Based on these data, we investigated the combined in vivo effect of A12 and docetaxel on human androgen-independent and osseous prostate tumor growth...
- Tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with metastatic, androgen independent prostate cancerJonathan L Wright
Department of Urology, University of Washington, WA, USA
Int J Urol 12:1012-3. 2005..It is rarely described in patients with solid tumors. We report a case of TLS in a patient with metastatic adenocarcinoma of the prostate after treatment with paclitaxel chemotherapy...
- Treatment and survival outcomes in young men diagnosed with prostate cancer: a Population-based Cohort StudyDaniel W Lin
Department of Urology, Virginia Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Northwest Prostate Cancer Specialized Program of Research Excellence, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer 115:2863-71. 2009..In this study, the authors examined the association between age at diagnosis and grade, stage, treatment, and survival outcomes in men who were diagnosed during the era of prostate-specific antigen testing...
- The development of a telemedical cancer center within the Veterans Affairs Health Care System: a report of preliminary clinical resultsKevin G Billingsley
Department of Surgery, VA Puget Sound Health Care System and the University of Washington Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Telemed J E Health 8:123-30. 2002..Preliminary clinical results demonstrate the program is feasible and it improves access to multidisciplinary cancer care. Potential benefits include improved referral coordination and minimization of patient travel and treatment delays...
- The androgen-regulated protease TMPRSS2 activates a proteolytic cascade involving components of the tumor microenvironment and promotes prostate cancer metastasisJared M Lucas
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington
Cancer Discov 4:1310-25. 2014....
- Castration-resistant prostate cancer: targeting androgen metabolic pathways in recurrent diseaseElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Urol Oncol 27:251-7. 2009..Targeting these metabolic enzymes either individually or using combinations of agents to inhibit testicular, adrenal, and intracrine sources may provide enhanced clinical responses in the setting of both localized and metastatic disease...
- Cell type-specific analyses for identifying prostate cancer biomarkersPeter S Nelson
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Division of Human Biology, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Curr Urol Rep 7:57-63. 2006..This review describes approaches that use cell type-specific analysis methods to identify cancer-associated features with the potential of distinguishing individuals with cancer of the prostate...
- Phase I and initial phase II results from a trial investigating weekly docetaxel and carboplatin given neoadjuvantly and then concurrently with concomitant boost radiotherapy for locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckDavid L Schwartz
Radiation Oncology Service, Seattle VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer 103:2534-43. 2005..The current Phase I/II study assessed induction docetaxel/carboplatin given weekly for 4 weeks, followed by weekly docetaxel/carboplatin and concomitant boost radiotherapy (CB-XRT) for locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- Single cell transcriptomic analysis of prostate cancer cellsChristopher J Welty
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Mol Biol 14:6. 2013..A high stringency threshold, a mean Alexa Fluor® 3 signal intensity above 300, was used for gene detection. Relative expression levels were validated for select genes using real-time PCR (RT-qPCR)...
- Glucocorticoids and prostate cancer treatment: friend or foe?Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Asian J Androl 16:354-8. 2014....
- Molecular pathways: targeting resistance in the androgen receptor for therapeutic benefitElahe A Mostaghel
Authors Affiliations Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Clin Cancer Res 20:791-8. 2014....
- The prognostic significance of Gleason pattern 5 in prostate cancer patients treated with Pd-103 brachytherapyHiroki Mitsuyama
Department of Radiation Oncology, Puget Sound Health Care System, Department of Veterans Affairs, Seattle, WA 98108 1597, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 30:597-600. 2007..To determine the effect of high-grade prostate cancer (Gleason pattern 5) on the prognosis of patients treated with Pd-103 brachytherapy...
- Impact of circulating cholesterol levels on growth and intratumoral androgen concentration of prostate tumorsElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30062. 2012....
- The increasing role of CAM in prostate cancerGabrielle Zecha
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
JAAPA 17:37-40, 43-4. 2004
- The basic biochemistry and molecular events of hormone therapyElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Curr Urol Rep 8:224-32. 2007....
- PHASE I TRIAL OF A PEPTIDE VACCINE AGAINST EGFRVIIIBruce Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2005..To characterize effects of human anti-EGFRvIII antibodies on EGFRvIII signaling. 4. To determine the level of EGFR specific T cell response after immunization with EGFRvIII peptide. ..