Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Differentiation of the mammary epithelial cell during involution: implications for breast cancerJenifer Monks
Webb Waring Center, University of Colorado, Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 14:159-70. 2009..And with the finding that involution may represent a unique susceptibility window for the progression of metastatic breast cancer, we may suggest areas for future research along these lines as well...
- Epithelial cells remove apoptotic epithelial cells during post-lactation involution of the mouse mammary glandJenifer Monks
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Biol Reprod 78:586-94. 2008..Macrophages and other inflammatory cells did not contribute to the clearance of either residual milk or apoptotic cells, which appeared to be due entirely to the epithelium itself...
- Sterol regulatory element binding protein and dietary lipid regulation of fatty acid synthesis in the mammary epitheliumMichael C Rudolph
1Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E918-27. 2010....
- Albumin transcytosis across the epithelium of the lactating mouse mammary glandJenifer Monks
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Room 2802-2, Box C240, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Physiol 560:267-80. 2004..The possibility that the massive transfer of albumin into mouse milk is mediated by fluid phase transport is considered...
- Alternatively activated macrophages and collagen remodeling characterize the postpartum involuting mammary gland across speciesJenean O'Brien
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Denver, Mail Stop 8117, RC 1 S, 8401K, 12801 E 17 Avenue, UCD, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Pathol 176:1241-55. 2010..M2 macrophages, IL-4, IL-13, fibrillar collagen accumulation, and proteolysis of collagen are all components of tumor promotional microenvironments, and thus may mediate promotion of breast cancers arising in the postpartum setting...
- Contribution of xanthine oxidoreductase to mammary epithelial and breast cancer cell differentiation in part modulates inhibitor of differentiation-1Mehdi A Fini
Webb Waring Center, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Campus Box C 322, 12850 East Montview Boulevard, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:1242-54. 2011....
- Do inflammatory cells participate in mammary gland involution?Jenifer Monks
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 7:163-76. 2002..The ensuing model describes a process of involution that actively suppresses an inflammatory response in the gland, allowing for effective tissue remodeling and damage prevention...
- TGFbeta as a potential mediator of progesterone action in the mammary gland of pregnancyJenifer Monks
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, MS 8309, University of Colorado Health Sciences, Anschutz Medical Campus, P O Box 6511, 12800 E 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 12:249-57. 2007..Yet no formal link between the two has ever been established. This work aims to review the evidence for and against a link between progesterone and TGFbeta, raise unanswered questions, and to propose further lines of research...