- Schwann cell dedifferentiation is independent of mitogenic signaling and uncoupled to proliferation: role of cAMP and JNK in the maintenance of the differentiated state
Paula V Monje
Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Biol Chem 285:31024-36. 2010
- Characterization of membrane estrogen binding proteins from rabbit uterus
Departamento de Biologia, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Mol Cell Endocrinol 147:75-84. 1999
..Future studies should investigate whether any of these proteins are involved in the primary events (e.g. receptor function) mediating nongenomic estrogen effects...
- Differential cellular localization of estrogen receptor alpha in uterine and mammary cells
, , Universidad Nacional del Sur, San Juan 670, 8000, , Argentina
Mol Cell Endocrinol 181:117-29. 2001
..Cell type-dependent processing may account for the differential localization shown by native and expressed receptors in the systems considered...
- Subcellular distribution of native estrogen receptor alpha and beta isoforms in rabbit uterus and ovary
, , Universidad Nacional del Sur, , Argentina
J Cell Biochem 82:467-79. 2001
..Both estrogen receptor alpha and beta expression levels and cellular localization patterns among tissues, add complexity to the whole estrogen signaling system, in which membrane and mitochondrial events could also be implicated...
- Presence of estrogens and estrogen receptor-like proteins in Solanum glaucophyllum
, , Universidad Nacional del Sur, San Juan 670, , 8000, Argentina
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289:1175-9. 2001
..Our results provide first evidences on the existence of estrogen binding proteins structurally related to the mammalian ER alpha subtype in a higher plant system...
- Expression and cellular localization of naturally occurring beta estrogen receptors in uterine and mammary cell lines
Departamento de Biologia, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional del Sur 8000 Bahía Blanca, Argentina
J Cell Biochem 86:136-44. 2002
..Taken as a whole, the results indicate that ER-beta could be expressed as functional estrogen binding proteins among a dominant population of ER-alpha sites in the cell lines under study...
- Non-antagonistic relationship between mitogenic factors and cAMP in adult Schwann cell re-differentiation
Paula V Monje
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Glia 57:947-61. 2009
..Overall, the results indicate that in the absence of neurons, cAMP can trigger SC re-differentiation concurrently with, but independently of, growth factor signaling...
- Protein kinase A-mediated gating of neuregulin-dependent ErbB2-ErbB3 activation underlies the synergistic action of cAMP on Schwann cell proliferation
Paula V Monje
Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Biol Chem 283:34087-100. 2008
- Cyclic AMP synergistically enhances neuregulin-dependent ERK and Akt activation and cell cycle progression in Schwann cells
Paula V Monje
Department of Neurological Surgery, Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Glia 53:649-59. 2006
..Overall, these novel results indicate that in neuregulin-stimulated SCs the activation of cAMP-mediated pathways accelerates G1-S progression by prolonging ERK activation and concurrently enhancing Akt activation...
- Opposing roles of PKA and EPAC in the cAMP-dependent regulation of schwann cell proliferation and differentiation [corrected]
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e82354. 2013
..Whereas the mitogenic action of cAMP relies exclusively on PKA activity, the differentiating action of cAMP requires a PKA-independent (non-canonical) cAMP-specific pathway that is partially transduced by EPAC. ..