Satdarshan P Monga
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Delgado E, Okabe H, Preziosi M, Russell J, Alvarado T, Oertel M, et al. Complete response of Ctnnb1-mutated tumours to Î²-catenin suppression by locked nucleic acid antisense in a mouse hepatocarcinogenesis model. J Hepatol. 2015;62:380-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide the in vivo proof of concept that Î²-catenin suppression in HCC will be of significant therapeutic benefit, provided the tumours display Wnt activation via mechanisms like CTNNB1 mutations. ..
- Tao J, Xu E, Zhao Y, Singh S, Li X, Couchy G, et al. Modeling a human hepatocellular carcinoma subset in mice through coexpression of met and point-mutant ?-catenin. Hepatology. 2016;64:1587-1605 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2016;64:1587-1605). ..
- Preziosi M, Singh S, Valore E, Jung G, Popovic B, Poddar M, et al. Mice lacking liver-specific β-catenin develop steatohepatitis and fibrosis after iron overload. J Hepatol. 2017;67:360-369 pubmed publisher..Administration of an antioxidant prevented hepatic injury in this model. ..
- Kikuchi A, Pradhan Sundd T, Singh S, Nagarajan S, Loizos N, Monga S. Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor Î± Contributes to Human Hepatic Stellate Cell Proliferation and Migration. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2273-2287 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a distinct contribution of PDGFRÎ± signaling to HSC proliferation and migration and provide evidence that inhibition of PDGFRÎ± signaling could alter the pathogenesis ofÂ hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Puliga E, Min Q, Tao J, Zhang R, Pradhan Sundd T, Poddar M, et al. Thyroid Hormone Receptor-β Agonist GC-1 Inhibits Met-β-Catenin-Driven Hepatocellular Cancer. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2473-2485 pubmed publisher..GC-1 does not promote β-catenin activation in HCC. Thus, GC-1 may be safe for use in inducing regeneration during chronic hepatic insufficiency. ..
- Wang G, Wang H, Singh S, Zhou P, Yang S, Wang Y, et al. ADAR1 Prevents Liver Injury from Inflammation and Suppresses Interferon Production in Hepatocytes. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:3224-37 pubmed publisher..It inhibits the production of type I interferons and other inflammatory cytokines. Our findings may provide novel insight in the pathogenesis of liver diseases caused by excessive inflammatory responses, including autoimmune hepatitis. ..
- Yang J, Cusimano A, Monga J, Preziosi M, Pullara F, Calero G, et al. WNT5A inhibits hepatocyte proliferation and concludes Î²-catenin signaling in liver regeneration. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:2194-205 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that the Wnt5a/Frizzled-2 axis suppresses Î²-catenin signaling in hepatocytes in an autocrine manner, thereby contributing to timely conclusion of the LR process. ..
- Lee J, Yang J, Newell P, Singh S, Parwani A, Friedman S, et al. ?-Catenin signaling in hepatocellular cancer: Implications in inflammation, fibrosis, and proliferation. Cancer Lett. 2014;343:90-7 pubmed publisher..Also, ?-catenin mutations and cirrhosis do not appear to cooperate in HCC pathogenesis in mice and men...
- Monga S, Micsenyi A, Germinaro M, Apte U, Bell A. beta-Catenin regulation during matrigel-induced rat hepatocyte differentiation. Cell Tissue Res. 2006;323:71-9 pubmed..Thus, beta-catenin undergoes multifactorial regulation during matrigel-induced hepatocyte differentiation and maturation; this induces its stabilization and membrane translocation, possibly contributing to hepatocyte differentiation. ..