Sarita A Mohanty
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease among Asian Indians in the United StatesSarita A Mohanty
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric and General Internal Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:474-8. 2005..Studies, mostly from outside the United States, have found high prevalence of diabetes, coronary heart disease (CHD), and hypertension among Asian Indians, despite low rates of associated risk factors...
- Health care expenditures of immigrants in the United States: a nationally representative analysisSarita A Mohanty
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric and General Internal Medicine, University of Southern California, 2020 Zonal Ave, IRD 627, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1431-8. 2005..We compared the health care expenditures of immigrants residing in the United States with health care expenditures of US-born persons...
- Predictors of on-call specialist response times in California emergency departmentsSarita A Mohanty
Department of Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California 90033, USA
Acad Emerg Med 13:505-12. 2006..Limited availability of on-call specialists is thought to contribute to ED overcrowding...
- Effects of hospital closures and hospital characteristics on emergency department ambulance diversion, Los Angeles County, 1998 to 2004Benjamin C Sun
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 47:309-16. 2006..We assess the effects of nearby hospital closures and other hospital characteristics on emergency department (ED) ambulance diversion...
- Treatment preferences: impact of risk and benefit in decision-makingSusan C Stone
Department of Emergency Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Palliat Med 13:39-44; quiz 44-7. 2010..Patients in our study were willing to accept a high level of cognitive (vegetative state) and functional (bed-bound) impairment even when the chance of recovery was exceedingly low...
- Evaluation of care management for the uninsuredReema Shah
COPE Health Solutions, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
Med Care 49:166-71. 2011..The CMP helps patients access primary care and medical and social resources...
- Burden and predictors of undetected eye disease in Mexican-Americans: the Los Angeles Latino Eye StudyRohit Varma
Doheny Eye Institute, Suite 4900, 1450 San Pablo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Med Care 46:497-506. 2008..Although little is known about the prevalence and risk of undetected eye disease (UED) in this population, it is known that Latinos encounter disproportionate barriers in accessing health care, which may influence the burden of UED...