Karen E Moeller
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Compliance of an institution-specific alcohol withdrawal protocol with evidence-based practice guidelinesKaren E Moeller
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:445-6. 2006
- Relapse rates in patients with schizophrenia receiving aripiprazole in comparison with other atypical antipsychoticsKaren E Moeller
Departments of Pharmacy Practice, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1942-7. 2006..The primary objective of this study was to compare relapse rates among patients with schizophrenia who were switched to aripiprazole with those who switched to a second-generation antipsychotic (SGA) from another antipsychotic...
- Prolonged thrombocytopenia associated with isotretinoinKaren E Moeller
Department of Pharmacy Practice, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160 7231, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:1622-4. 2003..To report a case of severe prolonged thrombocytopenia possibly associated with isotretinoin...
- Urine drug screening: practical guide for cliniciansKaren E Moeller
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160 7231, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:66-76. 2008..Other pitfalls, such as adulteration, substitution, and dilution of urine samples, are discussed. Pragmatic concepts summarized in this article should minimize the potential risks of misinterpreting urine drug screens...
- Pharmacy students' knowledge of black box warningsKaren E Moeller
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 74:5. 2010..To evaluate the progression of pharmacy students' knowledge of black box warnings across 3 years of didactic training, and to determine how they stay current with new warnings...
- Quality of monitoring for metabolic effects associated with second generation antipsychotics in patients with schizophrenia on public insuranceKaren E Moeller
University of Kansas, School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Lawrence, KS, United States
Schizophr Res 126:117-23. 2011..The large rise in monitoring over time may be due to increase awareness of metabolic concerns by mental health care specialists, whom patients with schizophrenia are likely to receive their care from...
- Medication utilization patterns and methods of suicidality in borderline personality disorderEugene H Makela
School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9520, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:49-52. 2006..Patients with BPD engage in manipulative acts in apparent attempts to exert control in their interpersonal relationships. This issue of control may also be exhibited in their manner of self-medication...
- Acute hepatotoxicity associated with lamotrigineKaren E Moeller
Am J Psychiatry 165:539-40. 2008