Affiliation: University of California
- Early versus delayed initiation of antiretroviral therapy for Indian HIV-Infected individuals with tuberculosis on antituberculosis treatmentSanjeev Sinha
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, 110029, India
BMC Infect Dis 12:168. 2012....
- Curing HIV: lessons from cancer therapyRonald Mitsuyasu
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, UCLA Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education CARE Center, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 8:224-9. 2013..The potential role of cancer chemotherapy and other cancer-directed treatment approaches is discussed in the context of their potential role in helping to eliminate HIV from the infected host...
- The antiretroviral efficacy of highly active antiretroviral therapy and plasma nevirapine concentrations in HIV-TB co-infected Indian patients receiving rifampicin based antituberculosis treatmentSanjeev Sinha
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
AIDS Res Ther 8:41. 2011..abstract:..
- Continuing or adding IL-2 in patients treated with antiretroviral therapy (ACTG Protocol A5051, a rollover trial of ACTG Protocol A328)Ronald J Bosch
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston MA, USA
AIDS Res Ther 7:30. 2010..In A5051, 53 patients from A328 who had previously received IL-2 were allowed to continue IL-2 for an additional 80 weeks; 27 patients who had received ART alone received IL-2 for 80 weeks...
- Immune therapy: non-highly active antiretroviral therapy management of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsRonald Mitsuyasu
University of California, Los Angeles, CARE Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 1793, USA
J Infect Dis 185:S115-22. 2002....
- The potential role of interleukin-2 in HIVR T Mitsuyasu
UCLA Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1793, USA
AIDS 15:S22-7. 2001..Further evaluation of the clinical efficacy of IL-2 in HIV-infected patients is expected to provide important information on the utility of recombinant human IL-2 in HIV disease...
- Prevention of bacterial infections in patients with advanced HIV infectionR Mitsuyasu
Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1793, USA
AIDS 13:S19-23. 1999..No unexpected or new adverse events were observed and there were no differences in plasma HIV-1 RNA levels between the groups...
- Phase 2 gene therapy trial of an anti-HIV ribozyme in autologous CD34+ cellsRonald T Mitsuyasu
Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, University of California Los Angeles, 9911 West Pico Boulevard, Suite 980, Los Angeles, California 90035, USA
Nat Med 15:285-92. 2009..This study indicates that cell-delivered gene transfer is safe and biologically active in individuals with HIV and can be developed as a conventional therapeutic product...
- Open-label phase I study of combination therapy with zidovudine and interferon-beta in patients with AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma: AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 057S Miles
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA Clinical AIDS Research and Education Center, UCLA School of Medicine, USA
Cytokines Cell Mol Ther 4:17-23. 1998..Further studies of this agent should be in the context of four-drug antiretroviral regimens where viral suppression is greatest and any antitumor activity of IFN-beta may be observed...
- Update on the pathogenesis and treatment of Kaposi sarcomaR T Mitsuyasu
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, UCLA Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, Los Angeles, California 90095 1793, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 12:174-80. 2000..In this review, recent advances in our understanding of the pathogenesis of KS are highlighted and a brief overview of current approaches to the treatment of this tumor is provided...
- Gene therapy for the treatment of AIDS: animal models and human clinical experienceR G Amado
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, 11 964 Factor Building, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Front Biosci 4:D468-75. 1999..Herein, we review recent advances in transduction methods, data from in vivo preclinical studies in relevant animal models, and emerging results derived from pilot clinical gene therapy studies...
- The effect of zidovudine treatment on serum neopterin and beta 2-microglobulin levels in mildly symptomatic, HIV type 1 seropositive individualsH Z Bass
Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Immunology and Disease, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 5:215-21. 1992..Subjects with greater reductions of serum neopterin or beta 2M tended to maintain lower levels of these markers with continued zidovudine administration.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- A randomized, partially blinded phase 2 trial of antiretroviral therapy, HIV-specific immunizations, and interleukin-2 cycles to promote efficient control of viral replication (ACTG A5024)J Michael Kilby
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2050, USA
J Infect Dis 194:1672-6. 2006..Significant changes were not detected for HIV-specific lymphoproliferative responses in any arm. This exploratory protocol provides useful clinical data for future therapeutic immunization trial design...
- The virologic, immunologic, and clinical effects of interleukin 2 with potent antiretroviral therapy in patients with moderately advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection: a randomized controlled clinical trial--AIDS Clinical Trials Group 328Ronald Mitsuyasu
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:597-605. 2007..Interleukin 2 (IL-2) administration increases CD4 counts in persons with higher counts. This study investigated persons with moderately advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Interleukin-2 Increases CD4+ lymphocyte numbers but does not enhance responses to immunization: results of A5046sHernan Valdez
Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Infect Dis 187:320-5. 2003..Despite dramatic increases in CD4(+) lymphocyte counts, IL-2 did not enhance immunization responses...
- Anemia in HIV infection: clinical impact and evidence-based management strategiesPaul A Volberding
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:1454-63. 2004....
- Differential effect of interleukin-2 treatment on primary and secondary immunizations in HIV infected individualsHaydar Kuekrek
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44116, USA
AIDS 19:1967-74. 2005..As interleukin (IL)-2 therapy increases CD4 cell counts in HIV infected subjects, it emerged as a candidate for the partial restoration of immune competence in this disease...
- Effect of etanercept (Enbrel) on interleukin 6, tumor necrosis factor alpha, and markers of immune activation in HIV-infected subjects receiving interleukin 2Beverly E Sha
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612 3833, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 18:661-5. 2002..Pretreatment with etanercept may blunt activation of IL-6 and CRP expression induced by rhIL-2. The safety and utility of etanercept in HIV-infected persons should be explored further...