Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Symptom experiences of midlife women: observations from the Seattle Midlife Women's Health StudyE S Mitchell
Department of Family and Child Nursing, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle 98195 7262, USA
Maturitas 25:1-10. 1996..Symptoms experienced by perimenopausal women are varied with little agreement about their nature, cause or stability...
- Association of estrogen-related polymorphisms with age at menarche, age at final menstrual period, and stages of the menopausal transitionEllen S Mitchell
Department of Family and Child Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7262, USA
Menopause 15:105-11. 2008..To explore the association of estrogen-related polymorphisms with age at menarche, age at onset and duration of stages of the menopausal transition, and age at final menstrual period (FMP)...
- Ovarian steroids and premenstrual symptoms: a comparison of group differences and intra-individual patternsMartha J Lentz
Office of the Dean, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Box 357262, Seattle, WA, USA
Res Nurs Health 30:238-49. 2007..Women in all groups had similar levels of estradiol and pregnanediol. Women with PMS and PMM patterns responded to progesterone differently than women with LS patterns: thus the former groups may not benefit from hormone therapies...
- Adipokines, inflammation, and visceral adiposity across the menopausal transition: a prospective studyChristine G Lee
Department of Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4626, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1104-10. 2009..Postmenopausal women have greater visceral adiposity compared with premenopausal women. Adipokines are associated with increased adiposity, insulin resistance, and atherosclerosis...
- MENOPAUSAL TRANSITION: A BIOBEHAVIORAL MODEL OF SYMPTOMSEllen Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..