C G Mitchell
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Perceptions of empathy and client satisfaction with managed behavioral health careC G Mitchell
Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois Chicago, USA
Soc Work 43:404-11. 1998..This article describes the rationale and design of the study, presents the results, and discusses the implications for social work practice...
- Preliminary findings of an intervention integrating modified directly observed therapy and risk reduction counselingC G Mitchell
Midwest AIDS Training and Education Center, Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60607, USA
AIDS Care 19:561-4. 2007..15 log(10) decrease from baseline. Risk behaviors also changed modestly with self-reported increases in condom usage...
- Integrating prevention in residential and community care settings: a multidimensional program evaluationChristopher G Mitchell
Jane Adams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 17:89-101. 2005..The article concludes with a discussion of the challenges and opportunities associated with integrating prevention into care...
- A multidimensional conceptual framework for understanding HIV/AIDS as a chronic long-term illnessChristopher G Mitchell
Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois, Chicago 60607, USA
Soc Work 49:469-77. 2004..The article concludes with a discussion of HIV prevention and treatment adherence as key focal points for social workers and their clients...
- Prevention for positives: challenges and opportunities for integrating prevention into HIV case managementC G Mitchell
Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 13:393-402. 2001..The article describes the survey, reports the findings (N = 101), and concludes with a discussion of issues that must be addressed prior to incorporating prevention screening into HIV/AIDS case management...
- Integrating HIV prevention into substance user treatment: current practices and challengesChristopher G Mitchell
Jane Adams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Subst Use Misuse 42:2173-82. 2007..The article concludes with a discussion of the survey's limitations and its implications for training...
- Preparing social workers to address HIV/AIDS prevention and detection: implications for professional training and educationMichael S Wolf
Institute for Health Services Research and Policy Studies, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Community Health 27:165-80. 2002..Both prior HIV-related training and education and prior work experience with HIV-infected clients were statistically significant and independent predictors of current HIV-related practice behaviors reported by social workers...
- Evaluating HIV mental health training: changes in practice and knowledge for social workers and case managersNathan L Linsk
Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Health Soc Work 27:67-70. 2002
- Changes in service delivery following HIV/AIDS education of medical and mental health service providers: results of a one-year follow-upJudith A Cook
Center on Mental Health Services Research and Policy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago 60603, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 29:282-8. 2006....
- HIV prevention in practice: an assessment of the public health response of physicians and nurses in the MidwestMichael S Wolf
Center for Healthcare Studies, Northwestern University, 400 East Ontario, Room 217, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Community Health 29:63-73. 2004..0 times more likely to identify a public health role (p = .012). These findings reflect the need for greater awareness among medical providers of the importance of assuming a public health role with the HIV epidemic...