Affiliation: University of California
- Skin-related quality of life in HIV-infected patients on highly active antiretroviral therapyParadi Mirmirani
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0316, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 6:10-5. 2002..The overall health status and survival of HIV-infected patients has changed with the advent of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). With this improved survival, there is a greater urgency to study quality-of-life issues...
- Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia: Superimposed tinea capitis as the etiology of chronic scalp pruritusCharles Chiang
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Dermatol Online J 14:3. 2008..The rarity of severe pruritus in CCCA should prompt a search for a fungal infection in these patients...
- Short course of oral cyclosporine in lichen planopilarisParadi Mirmirani
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:667-71. 2003..In all 3 patients alleviation of symptoms, resolution of clinical activity, and halting progression of hair loss was achieved in 3 to 5 months with sustained effect at 12 months after a short course of cyclosporine therapy...
- Hair follicle stem cell-specific PPARgamma deletion causes scarring alopeciaPratima Karnik
Department of Dermatology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:1243-57. 2009..We propose that PPARgamma-targeted therapy may represent a new strategy in the treatment of these disorders...
- Primary cicatricial alopecia: histopathologic findings do not distinguish clinical variantsParadi Mirmirani
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:637-43. 2005..The varied clinical features and differences in terminology have led to difficulties in defining consistent clinicopathologic correlation...
- Hair loss remedies--separating fact from fictionIlian Bandaranayake
Department of Dermatology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA
Cutis 73:107-14. 2004..We intend for this information to serve as a "consumer report" for healthcare providers and patients and to help separate some of the valid claims for hair regrowth from those that are purely fiction...
- Clinical approach to the patient with alopeciaAmy Han
Case Western School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Cleveland, OH, USA
Semin Cutan Med Surg 25:11-23. 2006..This review will present a clinical approach to the patient with alopecia by describing the history, clinical findings, and diagnosis of various hair loss disorders...
- How to approach hair loss in womenParadi Mirmirani
Department of Dermatology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Vallejo, CA, USA
Dermatol Nurs 19:531-5. 2007..Lastly, recommendations for effectively counseling women with hair loss are provided...
- Bandlike frontal hair loss in a 62-year-old womanParadi Mirmirani
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arch Dermatol 139:1363-8. 2003
- Does D matter? The role of vitamin D in hair disorders and hair follicle cyclingKarrie T Amor
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas and MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Dermatol Online J 16:3. 2010..The role of vitamin D in the proliferation and differentiation of keratinocytes is well known within the field of dermatology...
- Hair changes in women from the Women's Interagency HIV StudyParadi Mirmirani
Arch Dermatol 139:105-6. 2003