KAREN A MIOTTO
Affiliation: University of California
- Clinical and pharmacological aspects of bath salt use: A review of the literature and case reportsKaren Miotto
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Semel Institute of Neuroscience and Human Behavior, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 132:1-12. 2013....
- Comparison of buprenorphine treatment for opioid dependence in 3 settingsKaren Miotto
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Addict Med 6:68-76. 2012..Although use of buprenorphine in the treatment of opioid dependence is expected to continue to increase, little is known about the optimal setting for providing the medical and psychosocial care required with buprenorphine pharmacotherapy...
- Managing co-occurring substance use and pain disordersKaren Miotto
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 35:393-409. 2012..The optimal ingredients for safe opioid treatment include a strong provider-patient relationship and clinician training in the assessment and treatment of addiction and pain...
- Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid: patterns of use, effects and withdrawalK Miotto
UCLA Dept of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Am J Addict 10:232-41. 2001..Participants dependent on GHB reported using multiple daily doses around the clock. High frequency users appeared at the greatest risk for developing withdrawal delirium and psychosis after abrupt discontinuation of GHB use...
- Naltrexone and dysphoria: fact or myth?Karen Miotto
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, 90024, USA
Am J Addict 11:151-60. 2002..These studies did not reveal dysphoria to be a serious side effect produced by naltrexone treatment. Additional studies to evaluate long-term endocrine effects and antidepressant combination therapy are warranted...
- Opioid pharmaceuticals and addiction: the issues, and research directions seeking solutionsWendy M Walwyn
Shirley and Stephan Hatos Center for Neuropharmacology, Semel Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 108:156-65. 2010....
- Precipitated opioid withdrawal across acute physical dependence induction methodsPeggy Compton
School of Nursing, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90266, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 77:263-8. 2004..Thus, despite altering the pretreatment opioid and route of administration, all three APD protocols produced similar and reliable withdrawal symptoms in humans...
- Mood disturbances and regional cerebral metabolic abnormalities in recently abstinent methamphetamine abusersEdythe D London
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, PO Box 175919, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:73-84. 2004..Mood disturbances in methamphetamine (MA) abusers likely influence drug use, but the neurobiological bases for these problems are poorly understood...
- Naltrexone for the treatment of alcoholism: clinical findings, mechanisms of action, and pharmacogeneticsLara A Ray
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 9:13-22. 2010..Limitations and future directions in the research and practice of naltrexone for alcoholism are also outlined...
- A comparison of contingency management and cognitive-behavioral approaches for stimulant-dependent individualsRichard A Rawson
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Addiction 101:267-74. 2006..The present study sought to directly compare the effectiveness of (CM) and (CBT) alone and in combination in reducing stimulant use...
- The effects and consequences of selected club drugsThomas E Freese
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, 11050 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 23:151-6. 2002..Medical visits for club drug-related toxicity have sharply increased across the country. This article provides a brief review of the literature on club drugs...
- GHB: Effects, Withdrawal and TreatmentKaren Miotto; Fiscal Year: 2006..There has been little systematic study of the signs and symptoms of withdrawal, and controlled studies on the effectiveness of treatment of these symptoms are lacking. ..