Rebecca M Minter
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- LapMentor metrics possess limited construct validityPamela B Andreatta
Department of Medical Education and Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5329, USA
Simul Healthc 3:16-25. 2008..The ability of a metric to differentiate novice from expert performance is referred to as construct validity. The present study was undertaken to determine whether the LapMentor's metrics demonstrate construct validity...
- Ethical management of conflict of interest: proposed standards for academic surgical societiesRebecca M Minter
University of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Am Coll Surg 213:677-82. 2011....
- Laparoscopic skills are improved with LapMentor training: results of a randomized, double-blinded studyPamela B Andreatta
Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Ann Surg 243:854-60; discussion 860-3. 2006..This work marks the first prospective, randomized evaluation of the LapMentor simulator, and provides evidence that LapMentor training may lead to improved operating room performance...
- Laparoscopic simulation training with proficiency targets improves practice and performance of novice surgeonsPaul G Gauger
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Surg 199:72-80. 2010..This study compares a laparoscopic skill training protocol without proficiency targets to the same protocol with explicit targets and notification of progress...
- Construct validity of the LapSim laparoscopic surgical simulatorDerek T Woodrum
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 E. Medical Center Drive, 2920 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0331, USA
Am J Surg 191:28-32. 2006..However, some performance parameters do not differentiate between groups. To accurately measure a trainee's skill level, only parameters that sensitively measure the true level of performance should be used...
- Gender differences in the self-assessment of surgical residentsRebecca M Minter
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Surg 189:647-50. 2005..Despite equivalent performance as assessed by objective external measures, women tend to underestimate their abilities compared with their male counterparts...
- Surgeons outperform normative controls on neuropsychologic tests, but age-related decay of skills persistsZackary Boom-Saad
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Dr, Taubman Center TC2920H, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0331, USA
Am J Surg 195:205-9. 2008..The present study was undertaken to determine if psychomotor and visual-spatial abilities improve as a result of surgical training or are enhanced at baseline in those individuals choosing a surgical career...
- Initial use of a novel instrument to measure professionalism in surgical residentsPaul G Gauger
Department of Surgery, Division of Endocrine Surgery, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Taubman Center TC2920H, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0331, USA
Am J Surg 189:479-87. 2005..No universally accepted method to measure professionalism exists. We developed an instrument to measure specific aspects of professionalism in surgical residents...