Rebecca M Minter
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- LapMentor metrics possess limited construct validityPamela B Andreatta
Department of Medical Education and Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5329, USA
Simul Healthc 3:16-25. 2008..The ability of a metric to differentiate novice from expert performance is referred to as construct validity. The present study was undertaken to determine whether the LapMentor's metrics demonstrate construct validity...
- Ethical management of conflict of interest: proposed standards for academic surgical societiesRebecca M Minter
University of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Am Coll Surg 213:677-82. 2011....
- Laparoscopic skills are improved with LapMentor training: results of a randomized, double-blinded studyPamela B Andreatta
Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Ann Surg 243:854-60; discussion 860-3. 2006..To determine if prior training on the LapMentor laparoscopic simulator leads to improved performance of basic laparoscopic skills in the animate operating room environment...
- Laparoscopic simulation training with proficiency targets improves practice and performance of novice surgeonsPaul G Gauger
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Surg 199:72-80. 2010..This study compares a laparoscopic skill training protocol without proficiency targets to the same protocol with explicit targets and notification of progress...
- Construct validity of the LapSim laparoscopic surgical simulatorDerek T Woodrum
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, 2920 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0331, USA
Am J Surg 191:28-32. 2006....
- Gender differences in the self-assessment of surgical residentsRebecca M Minter
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Surg 189:647-50. 2005..Despite equivalent performance as assessed by objective external measures, women tend to underestimate their abilities compared with their male counterparts...
- The objective assessment of experts' and novices' suturing skills using an image analysis programAdam C Frischknecht
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109 5343, USA
Acad Med 88:260-4. 2013..To objectively assess suturing performance using an image analysis program and to provide validity evidence for this assessment method by comparing experts' and novices' performance...
- Identification of technique variations among microvascular surgeons and cases using hierarchical task analysisDenny Yu
a Center for Ergonomics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Ergonomics 57:219-35. 2014..The taxonomy provides a framework for comparing alternative methods, determining the best methods for given conditions and for surgical training and retraining...
- Surgeons outperform normative controls on neuropsychologic tests, but age-related decay of skills persistsZackary Boom-Saad
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Dr, Taubman Center TC2920H, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0331, USA
Am J Surg 195:205-9. 2008..The present study was undertaken to determine if psychomotor and visual-spatial abilities improve as a result of surgical training or are enhanced at baseline in those individuals choosing a surgical career...
- Innovation in internship preparation: an operative anatomy course increases senior medical students' knowledge and confidenceNikki Tocco
University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, SPC 5343, Taubman Center TC2210D, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5343, USA
Am J Surg 206:269-79. 2013..This course provided fourth-year medical students matching into a surgical residency the opportunity to perform intern-level procedures on cadavers under the guidance of surgical faculty members...
- Preserving Operative Volume in the Setting of the 2011 ACGME Duty Hour RegulationsChristopher P Scally
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
J Surg Educ 71:580-6. 2014..In this study, we evaluate our novel intern call schedule, which we hypothesized would preserve operative experience despite these increased restrictions...
- Initial use of a novel instrument to measure professionalism in surgical residentsPaul G Gauger
Department of Surgery, Division of Endocrine Surgery, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Taubman Center TC2920H, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0331, USA
Am J Surg 189:479-87. 2005..No universally accepted method to measure professionalism exists. We developed an instrument to measure specific aspects of professionalism in surgical residents...