T R Minor
Affiliation: University of California
- Stressor controllability and learned helplessness research in the United States: sensitization and fatigue processesThomas R Minor
Department of Psychology, UCLA Los Angeles, 90095 1563, USA
Integr Physiol Behav Sci 37:44-58. 2002..The substrates of adaptive behavior are removed; performance deficits ensue...
- Adenosine signaling in reserpine-induced depression in ratsThomas R Minor
Department of Psychology, University of California, Campus Box 156304, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 286:184-91. 2015..01, 0.1, or 1.0mg/kg i.p.) in a dose-dependent manner. The highly selective A2B antagonist alloxazine had no beneficial effect on swim performance at any dose under study (0.1, 1.0, and 5.0mg/kg i.p.). ..
- Enhancing brain adenosine signaling with the nucleoside transport blocker NBTI (S-(4-nitrobenzyl)-6-theoinosine) mimics the effects of inescapable shock on later shuttle-escape performance in ratsThomas R Minor
Department of Psychology, Brain Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:1236-47. 2008..These data suggest that enhanced adenosine signaling at a brain A-sub(2A) receptor impairs escape performance following inescapable shock in the learned helplessness paradigm...
- Escape deficits induced by inescapable shock and metabolic stress are reversed by adenosine receptor antagonistsT R Minor
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1563, USA
Behav Brain Res 120:203-12. 2001..These data are discussed in terms of the metabolic demands of neuronal over-activation during escape testing in inescapably shocked rats and the loss of normal behavioral function due to compensatory adenosine regulation in the brain...
- Cytokine-purine interactions in traumatic stress, behavioral depression, and sicknessThomas R Minor
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 5:547-60. 2006..Activation of these A(2A) receptors functionally uncouples dopamine's excitatory motivation influence on ongoing behavior, leading to a state of conservation-withdrawal...
- Cytokine-purine interactions in behavioral depression in ratsThomas R Minor
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Integr Physiol Behav Sci 38:189-202. 2003....
- Stress and adenosine: II. Adenosine analogs mimic the effect of inescapable shock on shuttle-escape performance in ratsT R Minor
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90024 1563
Behav Neurosci 108:265-76. 1994..These data implicate energy regulation and a central compensatory action by adenosine in the aspects of helplessness related to conservation-withdrawal...
- Helplessness and escape performance: glutamate-adenosine interactions in the frontal cortexAimee M Hunter
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1563, USA
Behav Neurosci 117:123-35. 2003..These findings are consistent with the involvement of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor activation in the frontal cortex in the helplessness effect...
- The L-type calcium channel blocker nimodipine mitigates "learned helplessness" in ratsSamar Saade
Department of Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 74:269-78. 2003..Finally, administration of nimodipine at two of the three time points did improve escape responding, but only when injected immediately prior both to shock exposure and the shuttle escape test...
- The interaction of diet and stress in rats: high-energy food and sucrose treatmentN K Dess
Department of Psychology, Occidental College, Los Angeles, California
J Exp Psychol Anim Behav Process 24:60-71. 1998..More generally, these results support a conceptualization of stress in terms of metabolic challenge and the integrated reorganization of energy regulatory processes...
- Brain IL-1 beta was involved in reserpine-induced behavioral depression in ratsQing Jun Huang
Psychoneuroimmunolgy Laboratory, Bethune Military Medical College, Shijiazhuang 050081, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:293-6. 2004..To investigate the mechanism of brain interleukin-1 beta (IL-1 beta) in reserpine-induced behavioral depression in rats...
- Brief flight to a familiar enclosure in response to a conditional stimulus in ratsBeatrice M de Oca
Psychology Program, California State University, Channel Islands CA 93012, USA
J Gen Psychol 134:153-72. 2007..The results of these 2 experiments support the idea that brief, directed flight in rats is a component of the postencounter stage of predatory imminence (M. S. Fanselow & L. S. Lester, 1988) and is compatible with freezing...