Affiliation: University of California
- Predictors of overall quality of care provided to vulnerable older peopleLillian C Min
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1705-11. 2005..In this study, the influences of clinical conditions, types of care processes, and sociodemographic characteristics on the quality of care received by vulnerable older people were evaluated...
- The vulnerable elders-13 survey predicts 5-year functional decline and mortality outcomes in older ambulatory care patientsLillian Min
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:2070-6. 2009..To test the predictive properties of the Vulnerable Elders-13 Survey (VES-13) a short tool that predicts functional decline and mortality over a 1- to 2-year follow-up interval over a 5-year interval...
- A short functional survey is responsive to changes in functional status in vulnerable older peopleLillian C Min
Division of Geriatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1932-6. 2008..To investigate whether an abbreviated five-item functional status survey consisting of five activities of daily living (ADLs) reflects changes measured over time in a full 12-item functional status survey...
- Quality indicators for the care of hypertension in vulnerable eldersLillian C Min
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S359-65. 2007
- Multimorbidity is associated with better quality of care among vulnerable eldersLillian C Min
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1687, USA
Med Care 45:480-8. 2007..Possible reasons include competing guidelines for individual conditions, burden of numerous recommendations, and difficulty implementing treatments for multiple conditions...
- Higher vulnerable elders survey scores predict death and functional decline in vulnerable older peopleLillian C Min
Division of Geriatrics and General Internal Medicine and Health Services Researchm University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:507-11. 2006..To examine whether the Vulnerable Elders Survey (VES-13) score predicts risk of death and functional decline in vulnerable older adults...
- The effect of a quality improvement initiative on the quality of other aspects of health care: the law of unintended consequences?David A Ganz
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Med Care 45:8-18. 2007..Policymakers and clinicians are concerned that initiatives to improve the quality of care for some conditions may have unintended negative consequences for quality in other conditions...
- The vulnerable elders survey-13 predicts hospital complications and mortality in older adults with traumatic injury: a pilot studyLillian Min
Division of Geriatrics, Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:1471-6. 2011..To determine whether the Vulnerable Elders Survey (VES)-13, a survey based on functional status that has been validated in uninjured older populations, will predict complications and mortality in injured older adults...
- When comorbidity, aging, and complexity of primary care meet: development and validation of the Geriatric CompleXity of Care IndexLillian Min
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:542-50. 2013....
- A simple clinical risk nomogram to predict mortality-associated geriatric complications in severely injured geriatric patientsLillian Min
Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:1125-32. 2013....
- Documentation of advance care planning for community-dwelling eldersVictoria Y Yung
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Palliat Med 13:861-7. 2010..We assessed the flow of advance care planning information from patients to medical records in a community sample of older adults to better understand why advance care planning is not more successful...
- Functional status after injury: a longitudinal study of geriatric traumaLorraine Kelley-Quon
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am Surg 76:1055-8. 2010..We conclude that in the year after traumatic injury, geriatric patients lost the equivalent of approximately one ADL, increasing their risk of further functional decline, loss of independence, and death...