Affiliation: University of California
- Predictors of overall quality of care provided to vulnerable older peopleLillian C Min
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1705-11. 2005..In this study, the influences of clinical conditions, types of care processes, and sociodemographic characteristics on the quality of care received by vulnerable older people were evaluated...
- The vulnerable elders-13 survey predicts 5-year functional decline and mortality outcomes in older ambulatory care patientsLillian Min
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:2070-6. 2009..To test the predictive properties of the Vulnerable Elders-13 Survey (VES-13) a short tool that predicts functional decline and mortality over a 1- to 2-year follow-up interval over a 5-year interval...
- A short functional survey is responsive to changes in functional status in vulnerable older peopleLillian C Min
Division of Geriatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1932-6. 2008..To investigate whether an abbreviated five-item functional status survey consisting of five activities of daily living (ADLs) reflects changes measured over time in a full 12-item functional status survey...
- Quality indicators for the care of hypertension in vulnerable eldersLillian C Min
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S359-65. 2007
- Multimorbidity is associated with better quality of care among vulnerable eldersLillian C Min
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1687, USA
Med Care 45:480-8. 2007..Possible reasons include competing guidelines for individual conditions, burden of numerous recommendations, and difficulty implementing treatments for multiple conditions...
- Higher vulnerable elders survey scores predict death and functional decline in vulnerable older peopleLillian C Min
Division of Geriatrics and General Internal Medicine and Health Services Researchm University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:507-11. 2006..To examine whether the Vulnerable Elders Survey (VES-13) score predicts risk of death and functional decline in vulnerable older adults...
- The effect of a quality improvement initiative on the quality of other aspects of health care: the law of unintended consequences?David A Ganz
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Med Care 45:8-18. 2007..Policymakers and clinicians are concerned that initiatives to improve the quality of care for some conditions may have unintended negative consequences for quality in other conditions...
- The vulnerable elders survey-13 predicts hospital complications and mortality in older adults with traumatic injury: a pilot studyLillian Min
Division of Geriatrics, Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:1471-6. 2011..To determine whether the Vulnerable Elders Survey (VES)-13, a survey based on functional status that has been validated in uninjured older populations, will predict complications and mortality in injured older adults...
- When Comorbidity, Aging, and Complexity of Primary Care Meet: Development and Validation of the Geriatric CompleXity of Care IndexLillian Min
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan Geriatrics Research, Education and Clinical Care Center, Veterans Affairs Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, Michigan
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:542-50. 2013....
- A simple clinical risk nomogram to predict mortality-associated geriatric complications in severely injured geriatric patientsLillian Min
Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:1125-32. 2013....
- Documentation of advance care planning for community-dwelling eldersVictoria Y Yung
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Palliat Med 13:861-7. 2010..We assessed the flow of advance care planning information from patients to medical records in a community sample of older adults to better understand why advance care planning is not more successful...
- Functional status after injury: a longitudinal study of geriatric traumaLorraine Kelley-Quon
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am Surg 76:1055-8. 2010..We conclude that in the year after traumatic injury, geriatric patients lost the equivalent of approximately one ADL, increasing their risk of further functional decline, loss of independence, and death...