J M Milstein
Affiliation: University of California
- An exploration of connections between a mother and her unborn in preterm laborJ M Milstein
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Perinatol 32:325-7. 2012..Fostering each of those connections in alternative ways was valuable in this prenatal experience...
- Role of nitric oxide in cardiovascular responses to endotoxemia in neonatal lambsJ M Milstein
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis, Calif, USA
Biol Neonate 75:187-98. 1999..The results of this study suggest that nitric oxide contributes to the newborn contractile response of the heart to endotoxin, but does not appear to mediate the systemic vascular relaxation response...
- Burnout assessment in house officers: evaluation of an intervention to reduce stressJay M Milstein
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Med Teach 31:338-41. 2009..Medical house officers are at increased risk for stress related symptoms leading to professional burnout...
- Introducing spirituality in medical care: transition from hopelessness to wholenessJay M Milstein
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis, Davis, 2516 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, California 95817 2208, USA
JAMA 299:2440-1. 2008
- Choreographing the end of life in a neonateJay M Milstein
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of California, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 24:343-9. 2007..An exemplar involving a neonate is presented in this commentary; however, healing measures are relevant to patients of all ages as well as to their loved ones...
- Escherichia coli endotoxin depresses left ventricular contractility in neonatal lambsG Sosa
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis 95616
Pediatr Res 35:62-7. 1994..In the survivors, the MABP stabilized with saline boluses, whereas in the nonsurvivors MABP continued to decrease until death.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Form and function of fetal and neonatal pulmonary arterial bifurcationsS H Bennett
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H3047-57. 2000..This structural organization may be important for facilitating vascular development at low flow rates; however, it may be the origin of unstable reactivity if elevated blood flow and pressure occurs...
- Healing the caregiverJay M Milstein
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Altern Complement Med 8:917-20. 2002..Ideally, these considerations may help alleviate caregivers' anguish in troublesome situations and may complement their awareness of their patients' suffering as well...
- Near-infrared spectroscopy as a screening tool for patent ductus arteriosus in extremely low birth weight infantsMark A Underwood
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Davis School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Neonatology 91:134-9. 2007..Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is frequent and potentially pathologic in preterm infants. A simple bedside tool to screen for ductal patency would assist in the care of extremely low birth weight (ELBW) infants...
- Duplication of the cervical esophagus: a case report and review of the literatureSandra L Wootton-Gorges
Department of Radiology, U C Davis Children s Hospital and University of California, Davis, Health Sciences Center, 4860 Y St Suite 3100, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Pediatr Radiol 32:533-5. 2002..This case is unique in that the patient had an air-fluid level within the lesion as a result of communication of the duplication cyst with the native esophagus...
- Hemodynamic effects of positive end-expiratory pressure during partial liquid ventilation in newborn lambsD M Overfield
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Pediatr Surg 36:1327-32. 2001..CV or PLV modes of ventilation do not affect hemodynamics nor the optimum PEEP for oxygenation...
- Detoxifying death in the neonate: in search of meaningfulness at the end of lifeJay M Milstein
Division of Neonatalogy, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Perinatol 23:333-6. 2003..Encouraging families to engage with their dying infants helps detoxify the experience and make it more meaningful...