Richard K Miller
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Human placental explants in culture: approaches and assessmentsR K Miller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642 8668, USA
Placenta 26:439-48. 2005..Optimization of explant methods is examined for first and third trimester human placental tissue and the biological processes under investigation...
- Henning Schneider, M.DR K Miller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642 8668, USA
Placenta 30:S66-70. 2009..Dr. Schneider was a founding member and the second President of the International Federation of Placenta Associations (IFPA). A symposium in Professor Schneider's honour was held at IFPA Meeting 2008...
- Marginal transfer of ReoPro (Abciximab) compared with immunoglobulin G (F105), inulin and water in the perfused human placenta in vitroR K Miller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642 8668, USA
Placenta 24:727-38. 2003..Only pharmaceutically insignificant amounts of ReoPro were detected in the fetal circuit, which demonstrates a barrier capacity of the human term placenta for this Fab fragment compared with IgG...
- Fetal thermal dose considerations during the obstetrician's watch: Implications for the pediatrician's observationsMorton W Miller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 81:135-43. 2007....
- Circulating human antibody-secreting cells during vaccinations and respiratory viral infections are characterized by high specificity and lack of bystander effectF Eun Hyung Lee
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 186:5514-21. 2011..Additionally, high specificity of circulating ASCs after antigenic challenge highlights the diagnostic value of interrogating ASCs as an ideal single-time-point diagnostic immune surrogate for serology during acute infection...
- A randomized, 48-week, placebo-controlled trial of intensive lifestyle modification and/or metformin therapy in overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a pilot studyKathleen M Hoeger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Fertil Steril 82:421-9. 2004..To obtain data from a pilot randomized trial on the effect of metformin therapy and lifestyle modification on ovulation and androgen concentrations in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- The effect of labor on maternal and fetal vitamins C and EJames R Woods
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, NY 14642 8668, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:1179-83. 2002....
- Maternal autoimmune diseases and immunologically induced embryonic and fetoplacental damageAsher Ornoy
Laboratory of Teratology, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 70:371-81. 2004..We also describe experimental models that help to understand the etiology and pathogenesis of the effects of this maternal disease on the developing embryo, fetus and placenta...
- National Institute on Drug Abuse Conference report on placental proteins, drug transport, and fetal developmentPushpa V Thadani
Division of Neuroscience and Behavioral Research National Institute on Drug Abuse NIDA, National Institutes of Health, 6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 4282, MSC 9555, Bethesda, MD 20892 9555, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1858-62. 2004..This report summarizes the presentations and research recommendations resulting from the workshop discussions...
- Placental growth patterns affect birth weight for given placental weightCarolyn M Salafia
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 79:281-8. 2007....
- Inadequate numbersKaren L Lindsay
Can Fam Physician 53:401; author reply 401-2. 2007
- Effect of sera from women with systemic lupus erythematosus or antiphospholipid syndrome and recurrent abortions on human placental explants in cultureSarah Yacobi
Laboratory of Teratology, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Teratology 66:300-8. 2002..To test this hypothesis, we studied the effects of sera obtained from women with SLE with or without treatment on human placental explants in culture...