Melissa A Miller
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Implementation challenges in the intensive care unit: the why, who, and how of daily interruption of sedationMelissa A Miller
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5360, USA
J Crit Care 27:218.e1-7. 2012..We sought to identify new barriers to daily interruption of sedation...
- A polyurethane cuffed endotracheal tube is associated with decreased rates of ventilator-associated pneumoniaMelissa A Miller
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Crit Care 26:280-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine whether the use of a polyurethane-cuffed endotracheal tube would result in a decrease in ventilator-associated pneumonia rate...
- Organisational characteristics associated with the use of daily interruption of sedation in US hospitals: a national studyMelissa A Miller
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 21:145-51. 2012..The authors test the hypothesis that specific hospital organisational characteristics are associated with routine use of DIS...
- Diverse attitudes to and understandings of spontaneous awakening trials: results from a statewide quality improvement collaborative*Melissa A Miller
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Crit Care Med 41:1976-82. 2013....
- Strongyloides hyperinfection: a treatment dilemmaMelissa A Miller
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Am J Med Sci 336:358-61. 2008..Here we present a case of strongyloides hyperinfection treated successfully with a veterinary formulation of parenteral ivermectin...
- Issues of Survivorship Are Rarely Addressed during Intensive Care Unit Stays. Baseline Results from a Statewide Quality Improvement CollaborativeSushant Govindan
1 Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ann Am Thorac Soc 11:587-91. 2014..Practice innovations and formal research are needed to provide ways to translate awareness of the problems of survivorship into improved outcomes for patients. ..