Christopher S Miller
Affiliation: University of California
- EMIRGE: reconstruction of full-length ribosomal genes from microbial community short read sequencing dataChristopher S Miller
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California, Berkeley, 307 McCone Hall 4767, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Genome Biol 12:R44. 2011..An implementation of the method is freely available at https://github.com/csmiller/EMIRGE...
- Biostimulation induces syntrophic interactions that impact C, S and N cycling in a sediment microbial communityKim M Handley
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 4767, USA
ISME J 7:800-16. 2013..Results give an insight into ecosystem behavior following addition of simple organic carbon to the subsurface, and demonstrate a range of biological processes and community interactions were stimulated...
- Short-read assembly of full-length 16S amplicons reveals bacterial diversity in subsurface sedimentsChristopher S Miller
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56018. 2013..The method allows for sensitive, accurate profiling of the "long tail" of low abundance organisms that exist in many microbial communities, and can resolve population dynamics in response to environmental change...
- Heterotrophic archaea contribute to carbon cycling in low-pH, suboxic biofilm communitiesNicholas B Justice
University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:8321-30. 2012..These findings indicate dominance of acidophilic archaea in degrading biofilms and suggest that they play roles in anaerobic nutrient cycling at low pH...
- Fermentation, hydrogen, and sulfur metabolism in multiple uncultivated bacterial phylaKelly C Wrighton
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Science 337:1661-5. 2012..For six organisms, the UGA stop codon is translated as tryptophan. All bacteria studied here may play previously unrecognized roles in hydrogen production, sulfur cycling, and fermentation of refractory sedimentary carbon...