Michael R Mill
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- The rapid development of solid organ transplantation in North CarolinaMichael R Mill
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiac Transplant Program, School of Medicine, Campus Box 7065, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7065, USA
N C Med J 65:30-2. 2004
- Relationship between coping and depression in heart transplant candidates and their spousesEileen J Burker
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Prog Transplant 16:215-21. 2006..Depression in this group of patients is important because heart transplant patients with preoperative depression have been found to have a higher mortality rate after transplantation...
- Coping predicts depression and disability in heart transplant candidatesEileen J Burker
Department of Allied Health Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7205, USA
J Psychosom Res 59:215-22. 2005..The aim of this study was to describe the coping strategies used by cardiac patients who are pursuing heart transplant and to determine which coping strategies are related to depression and self-reported disability...
- Surgical therapy for heart failureCraig H Selzman
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Am Coll Surg 203:226-39; quiz A59-60. 2006
- Educational level, coping, and psychological and physical aspects of quality of life in heart transplant candidatesEileen J Burker
Department of Allied Health Sciences, CB 7205, Medical School Wing E, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7205, USA
Clin Transplant 23:233-40. 2009..To determine whether demographic factors and coping strategies are related to quality of life in heart transplant candidates...
- Heart transplantation for progressive cardiomyopathy as a manifestation of MELAS syndromeRajendra S Bhati
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:2286-9. 2005....
- Catheter ablation of atrial flutter in a heart transplant recipientSubramaniam C Krishnan
Division of Cardiology, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 25:1262-5. 2002..The electrical isthmus (atrial tissue from the tricuspid annulus to the suture line) in these hearts is smaller than the anatomic isthmus...
- Thymus transplantation in complete DiGeorge syndrome: immunologic and safety evaluations in 12 patientsM Louise Markert
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood 102:1121-30. 2003..Thymic transplantation is efficacious, well tolerated, and should be considered as treatment for infants with complete DiGeorge syndrome...