Boris Y Mileykovskiy
Affiliation: University of California
- Behavioral correlates of activity in identified hypocretin/orexin neuronsBoris Y Mileykovskiy
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Neuron 46:787-98. 2005..Our findings suggest that these cells are activated during emotional and sensorimotor conditions similar to those that trigger cataplexy in narcoleptic animals...
- Muscle tone facilitation and inhibition after orexin-a (hypocretin-1) microinjections into the medial medullaBoris Y Mileykovskiy
Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, St Petersburg 194223, Russia
J Neurophysiol 87:2480-9. 2002..Loss of OX function may, therefore, disturb both muscle tone facilitatory and inhibitory processes at the medullary level...
- Release of hypocretin (orexin) during waking and sleep statesLyudmila I Kiyashchenko
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences and Brain Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, North Hills, California 91343, USA
J Neurosci 22:5282-6. 2002..Hcrt-1 release into CSF was 67% higher during AW than during QW. Elevated levels of Hcrt during REM sleep and AW are consistent with a role for Hcrt in the central programming of motor activity...
- Cessation of activity in red nucleus neurons during stimulation of the medial medulla in decerebrate ratsBoris Y Mileykovskiy
Veterans Administration, Greater Los Angeles Health System, Sepulveda, California, USA
J Physiol 545:997-1006. 2002..These two mechanisms acting synergistically may cause generalized motor inhibition during REM sleep and cataplexy...
- Identification of Hypocretin (Orexin) Cells In VivoBORIS MILEYKOVSKIY; Fiscal Year: 2005..A better understanding of the physiological and behavioral role of these cell groups would have implications for development of effective treatments for obesity, depression, narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. ..