Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Meta-analysis of increased heart rate and blood pressure associated with CNS stimulant treatment of ADHD in adultsEric Mick
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:534-41. 2013....
- Genome-wide association study of the child behavior checklist dysregulation profileEric Mick
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 50:807-17.e8. 2011..We have conducted a genome-wide association study of the CBCL-DP in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Case-control genome-wide association study of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderBenjamin M Neale
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusettes General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:906-20. 2010..Thus additional genomewide association studies (GWAS) are needed...
- Effect of candidate gene polymorphisms on the course of attention deficit hyperactivity disorderJoseph Biederman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Psychiatry Res 170:199-203. 2009..94) and 5HTTLPR long allele. Our findings suggest that the DRD4 7-repeat allele is associated with a more persistent course of ADHD...
- Family-based association study of the BDNF, COMT and serotonin transporter genes and DSM-IV bipolar-I disorder in childrenEric Mick
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Psychiatry 9:2. 2009..In this report we test for association with genes coding brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), the serotonin transporter (SLC6A4), and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT)...
- Clinical correlates of bipolar disorder in a large, referred sample of children and adolescentsJoseph Biederman
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Psychiatr Res 39:611-22. 2005..To compare the prevalence, clinical correlates, and comorbidity among children and adolescents with bipolar disorder (BPD) assessed in the early 1990s (first cohort) with those evaluated over the last 7 years (second cohort)...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: diagnosis, lifespan, comorbidities, and neurobiologyThomas J Spencer
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 32:631-42. 2007....
- Risperidone treatment for ADHD in children and adolescents with bipolar disorderJoseph Biederman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Department, Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, MA, USA
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 4:203-7. 2008..The objective of this study was to estimate improvement in ADHD symptoms in children with bipolar disorder...
- A prospective open-label trial of lamotrigine monotherapy in children and adolescents with bipolar disorderJoseph Biederman
Clinical and Research Program in Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
CNS Neurosci Ther 16:91-102. 2010..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of lamotrigine monotherapy as an acute treatment of bipolar mood elevation in children with bipolar spectrum disorders...
- A novel application for the detection of an irregular pulse using an iPhone 4S in patients with atrial fibrillationDavid D McManus
Cardiac Electrophysiology Section, Cardiovascular Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Heart Rhythm 10:315-9. 2013..Timely detection of AF can be challenging using traditional diagnostic tools. Smartphone use is increasing and may provide an inexpensive and user-friendly means to diagnoseAF...
- Speckle echocardiographic left atrial strain and stiffness index as predictors of maintenance of sinus rhythm after cardioversion for atrial fibrillation: a prospective studyAmir Y Shaikh
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 10:48. 2012..Our goal was to determine if strain measures [peak systolic longitudinal strain (LAS) and stiffness index (LASt)] changed after cardioversion (CV); and their relation to AF recurrence...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderBenjamin M Neale
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:884-97. 2010..As prior genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have not yielded significant results, we conducted a meta-analysis of existing studies to boost statistical power...
- Revisiting the association between maternal smoking during pregnancy and ADHDSarah W Ball
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Psychiatr Res 44:1058-62. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the association between maternal smoking during pregnancy and offspring ADHD, using detailed prospective smoking data and subsequent follow-up data from the Collaborative Perinatal Project (CPP)...
- The influence of gender in the familial association between ADHD and major depressionEric Mick
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:699-705. 2003....