MICHELLE LYNN MICHALSKI
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- A deep sequencing approach to comparatively analyze the transcriptome of lifecycle stages of the filarial worm, Brugia malayiYoung Jun Choi
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1409. 2011..Here we report a comprehensive genome-wide survey of the developmental transcriptome of the human filarial parasite Brugia malayi...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum in central and western Wisconsin: a molecular surveyM Michalski
Department of Biology and Microbiology, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, 800 Algoma Boulevard, Oshkosh, WI 54901, USA
Parasitol Res 99:694-9. 2006..phagocytophilum in naturally occurring tick populations could present an additional risk of disease to humans that enter tick habitats...
- Identification and phylogenetic analysis of Dirofilaria ursi (Nematoda: Filarioidea) from Wisconsin black bears (Ursus americanus) and its Wolbachia endosymbiontMichelle L Michalski
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54902, USA
J Parasitol 96:412-9. 2010..This is the first report of Wolbachia characterization and molecular phylogeny information for D. ursi...
- Midgut barrier imparts selective resistance to filarial worm infection in Culex pipiens pipiensMichelle L Michalski
Department of Biology and Microbiology, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e875. 2010..p. pipiens midgut extracts produces similar internal damage phenotypes; indicating that the Cx. p. pipiens midgut factor(s) that damage mf in vivo are soluble and stable in physiological buffer, and inflict damage on mf in vitro...
- The NIH-NIAID Filariasis Research Reagent Resource CenterMichelle L Michalski
Department of Biology and Microbiology, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1261. 2011....
- Molecular Basis of Infectivity of Brugia malayi microfilariaeMICHELLE MICHALSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..These strategies have the potential for breaking the transmission cycle of lymphatic filariasis and reducing the burden of illness and disability in tropical nations. ..