Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Negative childhood accounts, sensitivity, and pessimism: a study of avoidant personality disorder features in college studentsB Meyer
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, USA
J Pers Disord 14:233-48. 2000..g., isolation, rejection, conflict). Implications for theory and intervention are discussed...
- Social support and the course of bipolar disorderS L Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida 33124 0721, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 108:558-66. 1999..Results suggest a polarity-specific effect, in that social support influences depression but not mania. Discussion focuses on theoretical implications of a series of polarity-specific findings within the field...
- Social support and self-esteem predict changes in bipolar depression but not maniaS L Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, PO Box 249229, Coral Gables, FL, USA
J Affect Disord 58:79-86. 2000..Within this paper, we examine which components of social support appear most powerful...
- Coping and medication adherence in bipolar disorderW J Greenhouse
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, PO Box 248185, Coral Gables, FL 33124 2070, USA
J Affect Disord 59:237-41. 2000..This report hypothesized that acceptance coping would correlate positively and denial coping would correlate inversely with adherence to mood-stabilizing medication among individuals with bipolar disorder...
- Increases in manic symptoms after life events involving goal attainmentS L Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, P O Box 249229, Coral Gables, Florida 33124 2070, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 109:721-7. 2000..These results are congruent with a series of recent polarity-specific findings...
- Functional limitations to daily living tasks in the aged: a focus group analysisW A Rogers
Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602 3013, USA
Hum Factors 40:111-25. 1998..Applications of this research also include understanding the types of systems, products, and technologies that older adults interact with currently, or are interested in learning to use...
- Responsiveness to threats and incentives, expectancy of recurrence, and distress and disengagement: moderator effects in women with early stage breast cancerC S Carver
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables 33124 2070, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 68:965-75. 2000..In contrast, high BAS sensitivity (fun seeking) interacted with recurrence expectancy to predict elevated distress. Discussion centers on theoretical implications and possible applications...
- Attachment styles and personality disorders as predictors of symptom courseB Meyer
Department of Psychology, 236 Audubon Hall, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Pers Disord 15:371-89. 2001..Borderline PD features predicted less relative improvement of depressive symptoms over 6 months. These findings clarify the relations between attachment styles and PD features and they point to potential mediators of treatment response...