Jeffrey L Metzner
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Class action litigation in correctional psychiatryJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver 80206, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 30:19-29; discussion 30-2. 2002..Specifically discussed are issues relevant to suicide prevention, the prevalence of mentally ill inmates in supermax prisons, and discharge planning...
- Monitoring a correctional mental health care system: the role of the mental health expertJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, C0 80206, USA
Behav Sci Law 27:727-41. 2009..Inmates and correctional staff alike have benefited substantially from such litigation in the form of increased resources and positive changes in institutional culture...
- Commentary: the mental status examination in the age of the internet--challenges and opportunitiesJeffrey L Metzner
3300 East First Avenue, Suite 590, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 38:27-31. 2010..Correctional systems have a great deal to gain by adopting more efficient information systems. Continuing evolution of these technologies assures that we can expect more rapid change in these areas in the future...
- Solitary confinement and mental illness in U.S. prisons: a challenge for medical ethicsJeffrey L Metzner
3300 East First Ave, Suite 590, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 38:104-8. 2010..We conclude by urging professional organizations to adopt formal positions against the prolonged isolation of prisoners with serious mental illness...
- Improving correctional mental health systems: an academic/forensic psychiatrist's perspectiveJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:201-3. 2003
- Commentary: The role of mental health in the inmate disciplinary processJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 30:497-9. 2002
- Commentary: driving and psychiatric illnessJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 32:80-2. 2004