Elizabeth A Mertz
Affiliation: University of California
- Foreign versus domestic education of physicians for the United States: a case study of physicians of South Asian ethnicity in CaliforniaElizabeth Mertz
Center for the Health Professions, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, CA, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:984-93. 2007..S. medical schools...
- Addressing children's oral health in the new millennium: trends in the dental workforceElizabeth Mertz
Center for the Health Professions, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94118, USA
Acad Pediatr 9:433-9. 2009..Requisite policy changes, educational efforts, and strong partnerships with communities will be needed to effect substantive changes in children's oral health...
- Improving oral healthcare delivery systems through workforce innovations: an introductionElizabeth A Mertz
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry, 3333 California Street, Suite 410, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
J Public Health Dent 70:S1-5. 2010..The issues presented and solutions recommended are not entirely new, but add to a growing body of work that is of critical importance given the context of wider health care reform...
- Long-term outcomes of a dental postbaccalaureate program: increasing dental student diversity and oral health care accessCynthia D Wides
Center for the Health Professions, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
J Dent Educ 77:537-47. 2013..The outcomes demonstrate that the program's graduates are increasing diversity in the dental student population and that their practices are providing access to care for underserved populations...
- Who is caring for the underserved? A comparison of primary care physicians and nonphysician clinicians in California and WashingtonKevin Grumbach
Center for California Health Workforce Studies, University of California, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Ann Fam Med 1:97-104. 2003..The objective of this study was to compare the geographic distribution and patient populations of physician and nonphysician primary care clinicians...
- How much public health in public health nursing practice?Kevin Grumbach
Center for California Health Workforce Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Public Health Nurs 21:266-76. 2004..Results indicate that the population health focus of public health nursing is not reflected in the practice activities, management priorities, or educational preparation of public health nurses...
- The growing challenge of providing oral health care services to all AmericansElizabeth Mertz
Center for the Health Profession, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:65-77. 2002..To address these needs, the profession will need to take some radical steps toward redefinition, or the responsibility for many for these needs and special populations may shift to other providers and other institutions...
- A pharmacy leadership action studyClifton Louie
School of Pharmacy, Universityof California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 49:98-104. 2009..To report on the creation of a leadership development program targeted exclusively at pharmacists working in management in the professional community...
- No exit: an evaluation of measures of physician attritionDiane R Rittenhouse
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 500 Parnassus Avenue, Room MU 308 E, San Francisco, CA 94143 0900, USA
Health Serv Res 39:1571-88. 2004....