Jennifer J Merrilees
Affiliation: University of California
- Characterization of apathy in persons with frontotemporal dementia and the impact on family caregiversJennifer Merrilees
Memory and Aging Center, University of California, 350 Parnassus Avenue, Suite 905, San Francisco, CA 94143 1207, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 27:62-7. 2013..Apathy and diminished daytime activity appeared to have an impact on the caregiver. Objective measures of behavioral output may help in formulation of a more precise definition of apathy...
- Long-term care of patients with frontotemporal dementiaJennifer J Merrilees
Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 4:S162-4. 2003
- Rest-activity and behavioral disruption in a patient with frontotemporal dementiaJ Merrilees
University of California, San Francisco, Memory and Aging Center, 350 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94019 1207, USA
Neurocase 15:515-26. 2009..The findings suggest that with disease progression there is worsening in multiple areas of rest-activity measures for the patient and a negative impact on sleep quality for the family caregiver...
- Cognitive and behavioral challenges in caring for patients with frontotemporal dementia and amyotrophic lateral sclerosisJennifer Merrilees
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 11:298-302. 2010..This paper provides a guide for healthcare providers caring for patients with FTD-ALS exhibiting behavioral, cognitive, and emotional symptoms. Strategies are suggested to help minimize the impact of negative symptoms...
- Advanced practice nursing: meeting the caregiving challenges for families of persons with frontotemporal dementiaJennifer Merrilees
Memory and Aging Center, University of California San Francisco, 350 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 1207, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 24:245-51. 2010..Examples of interventions directed by advanced practice nurses are described. We suggest that management of FTD requires expertise as scientific advances and discoveries about FTD continually change the landscape of care...